Lifting the Veil

Lifting the Veil

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

A wedding of epic proportions

"

Lifting the Veil 

 

     “They’re supposed to be Red Roses not Black; this is a wedding not a funeral. Get the florist on the phone and clear this mess up. Who brought the Ice sculptures out? The wedding isn’t for another four hours. The damn things are going to melt before the guests arrive. Stop crying damn it; do the job I hired you for.”  

 

     Jesse Christos felt like smashing the wedding planners head against the wall. Whatever possessed her to put her in this position, the damn b***h acted like an incompetent empty headed valley girl. She realized it was too late to fire her but it wasn’t too late to make sure she completed her remaining tasks mistake free by putting a bigger fire under her a*s and hovering over her like the angel of death.  This is why she hated weddings; there were to many variables to consider, especially when it was her little brother Joshua’s, that was the one that needed considering.

 

     Jesse thought the idea of Joshua and Miriam getting officially married after all those years of raising a family and living together was surreal and a bit absurd. Joshua agreed with her but Miriam was all giddy and flushed with excitement at the idea that the knot was finally being tightly tied around Joshua’s angelic neck for all this world to see. Miriam was tired of being portrayed as the loving prostitute who washed his feet and licked his toes. Dad also felt that way and what dad wanted dad got. He felt it was now time to acknowledge the relationship for what it was; two loving people tied together as one.

 

     Jesse went over to her father, wrapped her arms around him and said, “I know you have a soft spot for Miriam but why do you want to make it official. She’s of common blood, it will set off a precedent that even the lowborn can be on an equal footing with those of the high. She’ll no longer be a concubine but a true member of the family.” Her dad smiled and said, “Their children are of the blood so why not let her be also.  She’s been devoted to Joshua and their children for ages and transformed their home once again into a beautiful garden. She made me fall in love with humanity all over again. Don’t worry everything will work out, every family has their outliers.” Laughing her father continued to say, “Instead of worrying about the bloodline, I think you should start comforting and calming down our dear wedding planner, it seems she found out about our family history, courtesy of your uncle.”

 

     Jesse just knew inviting her uncle, who was her step-dad as well, would cause all sorts of mischief. She needed to have a talk with Lillie, her mom, to keep him from causing anymore chaos. She was happy that her dad and step-dad finally resolved their issues and were now on good terms, but having both of them in the same room was playing with fire.

 

     She found Eva, the wedding planner in a fetal position on a couch. When Eva saw her approach, she wailed and begged for forgiveness. “I didn’t know, please don’t let him burn me to ashes.” Jesse couldn’t help but smile, her step-dads’ jokes could be scary. Eva was always ditsy, somewhat vapid, vain and a big pain in the a*s but had a good and loving heart. She also was a terrific mother.  “Don’t fret little sister, your punishment for infidelity is over. The veil is lifted, Adonis forgives you, go to him and make amends. But before you do, you’re still the wedding planner so get your a*s in gear and make this wedding rock.”

 

     All the world saw Joshua and Miriam take the vows. It was a Holy event in a Holy place. But the highlight of the wedding was God and the Devil giving away the bride.

 

 

 

  



© 2022 Robert Francis Callaci


Author's Note

Robert Francis Callaci
let it rip

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on November 30, 2022
Last Updated on November 30, 2022
Tags: fantasy

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing