When Water Washes against the Desert Sand

When Water Washes against the Desert Sand

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

The Sun Gods

"

When Water Washes against the Desert Sand

 

The desert air chilled the personification suits we inhabited as we watched the stars and their companions do their dance in the night sky. This beautifully strange nightscape full of flickering stars, raging comets, and falling meteors against a moonless night was truly breathtaking beyond imagining. We were mesmerized by this frightening display of celestial anger. We all knew Gaia’s time, Old Mother Earth, was coming to an end, but at least the blue planet was going out with bang rather than a whimper. A premature death was to be the fate of this magnificent planet due to humankind’s constant warmongering and need for technological superiority, no matter the dire environmental impact that it created. It choked the life out of Gaia. It was a primary factor in her impending demise. And now due to humanity’s hubris the planet that gave them birth and nurtured them from infancy to adulthood was now in its final death rattle.

 

Every millennium or so we take on these personification suits to witness the end-stages and final fading of a sentient celestial body. These suits imbue us with a bevy of emotions so that we can fully embrace the heartbreak of what will be lost forever in time. The dying ones also don the suit as well. It gives us a chance to say our goodbyes and bestow our blessings. Gaia’s impending death was particularly hard on Solaris. He knelt beside his child and gently caressed her. Tears glistened in both their eyes as they said their final goodbyes.

 

Gaia left Solaris’s embrace, stood before us, and sang her last song.  It was a melancholy dirge that celebrated her life as well as her imminent death. It filled us with a sense of joy as well as a deep well of sadness. All the outer and inner solar systems heard her song. With her last bit of strength Gaia commanded the winds to carry the last vestiges of the waters to gently wash over the desert sands. Gaia’s final breath turned the desert into a great lake where she let herself drown in her own tears. All the sentient Suns and planets in the outer and inner solar systems wept.  

 

………..

 

“Regent Commander we’re being bombarded with light and sound that’s coming from our former solar system. To be exact it’s coming from Old Earth. It’s an invasion!  What are you babbling about, our ancestors strip-mined that system centuries ago, there’s nothing left living on that dead rock. Don’t you hear it! Singing, for God-sakes someone’s singing a damn song.  IT’S DEAFENING, I CAN’T THINK STRAIGHT. THOSE LIGHTS ARE BLINDING. THEY’RE HEADING RIGHT FOR US.”

 

…………

 

All the world was transfixed by the vision they were seeing within their minds. A golden being with a halo of fire swirling above his head carrying a beautiful woman in a skin of green in his massive arms. Tears of blood flowed down his cheeks as he gently laid her down on a sea of clouds.

 

In a booming voice he said: “Look upon your mother whom you wantonly killed with arrogance and stupidity. I’m Solaris, the consciousness of over a thousand suns. In over thousands upon thousands of worlds, I succor, sustain and love; only thirteen planets’ have gained full consciousness. Your pitiful species has maimed and killed one of them, my beloved child Gaia. She loved you even when you were raping and killing her. But in the end when you totally abandoned her and left her bones to rot is when hatred bloomed. If it was up to me, I would burn your planet and colonies to dust but she had other tortures in mind. You shall hear her song till the end of days, it will split your eardrums and sizzle your brains. Your kind are not worthy to inhabit the outer and inner solar systems. Look upon her and weep…

 

 



© 2022 Robert Francis Callaci


Author's Note

Robert Francis Callaci
let her rip

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on October 21, 2022
Last Updated on October 21, 2022

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing