In the Heavens  Above

In the Heavens Above

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

a match made in heaven

"

In the Heavens Above

A re-imagined fairy tale concerning Creation

 

 

     Once upon a time, when Time was still young, and the universe was not yet fully formed, a great kingdom called “Heaven” came into being. It was as big or if not bigger than the universe itself, which is quite a paradox: if one was to think about such things in a metaphysical way. 

 

     Its lands were full of lush jungles, majestic mountains, tundra’s, waterways, oceans, valleys, and vistas of unparalleled beauty: that gave birth to trees, flowers, bushes, and other wondrous things that grew out from its womb.

 

     The King of this land called IT-Self GOD. IT was so pleased with ITS new creation and home that IT also decided to create day and night; so that IT could see the many different shades of its creation. IT was pleased and decided that it was all good.  

 

     After a few billion years of being alone, GOD decided that something was missing.  IT decided to add some living things in Heaven. GOD imagined into being: birds, bugs, and bees, for the flowers and the trees, all types of fish, whales, and serpents, for the rivers and the seas. IT conjured from the air, animals of all sizes and shapes: such as dragons, lions, tigers, elephants, and other assorted beasts of the land. GOD let them roam and make their habitat in ITS jungles, tundra’s, mountains and valleys. The Heavens now teemed with life, and GOD was pleased with ITS new creations. IT decided that it too-- was good.

 

     After only just a few million years or so, GOD was feeling more alone than ever. Although GOD could communicate with ITS living creatures, IT lacked a special closeness that IT yearned for. GOD wanted to share ITS thoughts and ideas with something other than IT-Self. So GOD decided on a somewhat radical plan. Out of a third of ITS essence, GOD created a being in ITS own image, of what GOD imagined IT would look like, if IT had form. GOD called this ultra being God--a corporal version of ITSELF.

 

     GOD now had someone to share ITS thoughts with and was content. Although GOD had no physical body, being that IT was pure SPIRIT, IT still had direct access to the body and mind of God. IT looked upon ITS creation and was extremely pleased, and decided that it was very, very, good.  

 

     For over five hundred thousand years God enjoyed basking in the glow and essence of GOD. He built temples and magnificent cities in ITS honor. He wrote and sang hymns about the glory and perfection that was GOD. But He couldn’t touch, or see pure spirit, or walk hand in hand amongst the golden sands, and feel the waves beneath their feet, tickle their toes. God adored GOD and reveled in their divine communion but He yearned for someone, similar to Himself, to communicate and couple with.

 

     GOD felt His anguish and understood His needs and desires. IT brought God unto Him and said, “Another sixth of MY GOD Essence I will bestow upon-- Your being-- Wherein: You would then have the ability to use a third of Yours’ to create Your, own Ultra Spirit to love, hold, and caress.  But Spiritual Diversity comes with a price. ME!”

 

“MY time in these Lands has come to a close and I bequeath this Kingdom to you. I will now reside in the Empire of Nothingness and become the OTHER, contemplating on the State of Being, unformed and forever growing.” God was stunned; sad, distressed and overjoyed! A jumble of conflicting emotions welled within Him. He understood that Form and Substance needed to bear fruit and multiply. He graciously accepted GODS gift.

 

     She was the most beautiful creature in the living universe.  God was pleased beyond measure, and fell in Love with Her-- at first sight. He called Her Lucy, short for Lucifer-and they did not live happily ever after…

 

 

 

 

THE END

(But it’s only just the beginning)

 

eaven was

 

 

 



© 2016 Robert Francis Callaci


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on July 7, 2016
Last Updated on July 7, 2016
Tags: short stories

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing