The Gospel of Juda"s

The Gospel of Juda"s

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

A kiss is just a kiss.

"

The Gospel of Judas

 

     That darkest of moments when I betrayed my master and friend was the longest, most heartbreaking night of my life, as well as one of my last. I didn’t do it for the thirty pieces of silver or from any disenchantment I had of his ministry. I truly loved the man, and believed fervently in many of his teachings that originated from his own mind. Joshua was a true visionary and a humble, righteous, and loving man. It wasn’t him that I wanted to see fall in ruins or being nailed to the cross; it was that thing, that abomination from hell that possessed and corrupted Joshua’s mind whom I wanted to see neutered and neutralized.

 

     It all started with those damn miracles. Turning water into wine, walking on it, bringing back his friend from the dead. These turned a few heads, especially the necromancy. He then started insinuating that he was the Messiah by proclaiming that he was the son of God as well as man. I knew then that an otherworldly entity took possession of him. Up until that point, he was just a rabbi and leader of the Essene Order, a spiritual man with a pure heart. Now he was something else.  I approached him and asked if he was overtaken by a spirit of otherworldly origins. He smiled, put his hands on my shoulders and said:

 

     “My dear Juda’s, an angel of heaven appeared before me and said that God wanted to be invited into my being from time to time in order for our ministry to spread beyond our congregation.  I welcomed him into my bosom and when I did a veil was lifted and I remembered that I was his only begotten son. Rejoice my brother and accept god’s angels into your heart.”

 

     I inwardly moaned when I heard those words. His eyes had a fanatic’s bent, and his demeanor was that of a religious zealot. He was possessed alright, but it wasn’t God, but the devil himself.  I forgot to mention that I was gifted with second sight and able to see auras and spirits of the ethereal world ever since I was a child. At that moment I wished I never had that gift. Rather than confront him I kept silent. I needed to come up with a plan to get Joshua to realize who possessed him and to banish it back to hell.

 

Needless to say: I came up with the wrong plan.

 

     First off, I tried to convince my fellow acolytes that Joshua was possessed by the devil. But they too drank the cup he offered; letting dark angels run riot with their souls. I was truly alone.

 

     Secondly, I needed to discredit him. Joshua was becoming a sensation amongst the common Jews in the area. Soon he would gain the ears of the Romans, Greeks and beyond. In essence, Satan would become the spiritual leader of the known world.

 

I went into the temple where the pharisees gathered and riled them up further by claiming that Joshua was claiming to be the actual Messiah and God himself. They went ballistic.

 

The acolyte gospels explained what happened that night but not what Joshua said to me as he was being arrested:

 

“I should have listened to you; I was possessed by a great evil, but he’s gone for now. I fear we were both deceived. Satan has shown me visions of my death and resurrection. His intention is to make me a martyr and a religious icon. A new religion will rise upon my death. A religion where Satan will be its guide. I’ve prayed to God to intercede and forgive my trespasses, but he remains silent.”

 

I fell on my knees and wept.

 

I watched him being crucified and knew God did indeed forsake him, but Joshua died offering his spirit to him.  I did not… I hung myself.   

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

    



© 2023 Robert Francis Callaci


Author's Note

Robert Francis Callaci
let her rip

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on April 24, 2023
Last Updated on April 24, 2023

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing