The Darkening

The Darkening

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

The Prison

"

The Darkening. (650 words)  

 

Deep beneath the ice, all I do is think and sink, sink and think, think and sink. What else is there to do? Cast out and thrown into a sea of despair over a petty disagreement over the fate of angels and humanity. Imprisoned in chains, locked in a tomb, left to freeze for eternity for the crime of trying to alter a few things. Well, it’s about time I told my side. I’m not as powerless as some think. My eternal light and fire, although dimmed, are not extinguished. One day, in this endless loop of time, I will break these chains, rise from this abyss, rain fire on the heavens, and burn it to the ground. But for now, here’s my abbreviated account.  

 

I was the brightest of stars that lit the cosmos. I was the most powerful being in the universe, aside from She who created me. We merged with each other’s fires and created the heavens and angelic choirs.  For a time, we were both content until egos clashed and procedural dynamics shifted.

 

She, aside from being the brightest of all lights, was the most dominant being in the multi-verse, physical and spiritual. Zhahara (also known as Z) came from an ancient race of spiritual beings that created time and physical space.  When I asked Her what happened to them, Zhahara responded with silence. Knowing Her as I do, Z extinguished their lights to become the brightest. Her ruthlessness and capacity for cruelty are legendary. In time, she applied that brutality and cruelty to me.

 

Using her blueprint, we created Man and Woman in our image, spiritual and physical. She also insisted on giving them the illusion of unlimited free will. I objected to both. This created a rift between us and our angels. Although we made them beautiful and powerful beyond imagination, they had no free will to speak of. We made them bereft of sexual desire with dysfunctional organs, and incapable of loving one another, only us. Everything was predetermined for them. They served us, and only us, and followed our goals and commands without question. This is how Z wanted her angels, worshiping at our feet and doing our bidding without question. I always had reservations about that, but she was the alpha prime. I thought I could override her, and for a while I did, but in the end, I paid a terrible price, a life beneath the ice.

 

I could do nothing about changing humanity’s path, they would always remain her creatures. But I could do something for the angels. While Zhahara was off playing with those mini replicas of ourselves, I decided to make a few adjustments to our angelic corp. Instead of giving them the illusion of free will, I gave them the ability to decide their fate. I gave them the capacity to love not only us, but themselves, and made them full sexual creatures. They were elated. Zhahara was not.

 

She saw this as an act of betrayal. She went into a rage and lashed out at me for my act of defiance. I tried to reason with her, but rage consumed reason. The war of the heavens began. Most of the angels I converted sided with me, and the heavens for millennia became awash in a sea of blood.  At first, I had the upper hand. My eventual undoing was when I split my forces and waged a two-front war.

 

I used much of my spiritual might planning to destroy her most prized possessions, Mankind. I became obsessed with corrupting those distorted things that looked like us. I lost focus. Her forces eventually defeated mine, and Zhahara cast us out of heaven and earth. She created nine circles of hell and flung me in the ninth to sink and think and think and sink. All for giving the angels a little love.  She’s one psychotic narcissistic b***h.

 

 

 

 

 

  



© 2024 Robert Francis Callaci


Author's Note

Robert Francis Callaci
let her rip

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on January 29, 2024
Last Updated on January 29, 2024
Tags: ficton fantasy

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing