When the Ice melts

When the Ice melts

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

sinking sinking

"

When the Ice Melts (a companion piece to ‘The Darkening’) 

 

We watched Zhahara’s war rage in the forever of time. A lover’s quarrel that shook the foundation of the building blocks of creation. Zhahara, and Samael, the universe's creators, were willing to tear it apart, over the fate of humanity and the angelic choirs. Samael wanted us to have many of the rights and desires that Zhahara later gave her favored creations, those apelike creatures concocted as distorted versions of themselves. They created us, their first creations, to be dedicated slaves, singing their praises, doing their bidding, and worshiping the ground they walked on, not out of love, but from an unyielding compulsion to grovel and obey. Samael objected to our lack of autonomy, but as the alpha prime Zhahara overruled those concerns, and preferred angelic zombies over feeling-thinking creatures. She reserved that for her second creation: Mankind.

 

While Zhahara’s attention was occupied with those little ape creatures, Samael took it upon himself to change our makeup as they did to their second creation. We finally were able to love one another, physically as well as emotionally. We were also given free will, not an illusion of one like humans, but unadulterated free will. Ironically, this act of empathy and compassion was later his undoing. Samael only bestowed this over half of the angelic choir, leaving the rest intact with their original instructions.  He figured he'd let Zhahara do whatever enhancements she wanted with the other half. He thought she would only be annoyed at the changes and would come around to his way of thinking. It was a catastrophic miscalculation. She wasn’t annoyed but went livid with rage instead.

 

When Zhahara saw the angel's transformation that Samael engineered, a rage enveloped her that was all-consuming. She lashed out at Samael without even hearing his reasoning. His disobedience reminded her of an earlier time when Zhahara was betrayed in a history long forgotten. As she was about to cut him in two, the transformed ones diverted her blast of power unto those who still worshiped at her feet. The war of the heavens began.

 

The war raged for millennia; feathers were ruffled on both sides. Free will and self-determination made us better fighters and strategists than our counterparts. We were well on the way to eventual victory when a strategic blunder made by Samael turned the tides of war and led to eventual defeat. His animosity and obsessive hatred toward Zhahara led to catastrophe. He wanted to hit her where her heart was, and what better way to do that than by corrupting and darkening her beloved humanity.

 

Samael seduced their first creation, Eva, to eat an apple from the Tree of Life and convinced her to get Adamah to do the same. This act of disobedience enraged Zhahara and tainted their souls. She threw them out of paradise for this sacrilege. They became diminished.  Samael then officially waged a two-front war. He left the heavens to concentrate on Zhahara’s pets. He became obsessed with corrupting humanity. It took much of his focus away from the main battle in heaven. He directed a third of his angelic force to help him corrupt humanity. Many shifted into corporal form and mated with the humans, creating a race of demigods called the Nephilim. The humans started worshiping the half-angels, rather than Zhahara. Samael felt victory was imminent. But not concentrating on the war in the heavens proved to be cataclysmic.

 

Zhahara concentrated most of her power and might in the heavens.  She relented and gave her angels limited freedom and awareness. This gave them an equal military advantage against Samael’s angels. She also rewired them to love and obey her above all things. This devotion made them fanatical berserkers. The tide in the heavens turned toward Zhahara.  

 

A contingent of Samael’s heavenly forces saw defeat approaching and knew Zhahara was not one for forgiving. Our choice was simple, to flee to the Netherlands and hide in its mists.

 

Zhahara consolidated her power and defeated Samael’s remaining forces.  She now focused her might on Earth, where Samael’s stronghold was. She used all her power to create massive fires and gigantic floods that would burn and drown out the world. She warned a select group of humans to build an Ark and protect what they could. She bestowed that Ark with celestial properties that would hold one male and female of each of the world's species.  The rest, she drowned and burned in floods and fire.

 

Samael was stunned, many of his half-corporal Nephilim died horrible deaths. He never thought Zhahara would try to wipe out humanity. He was defeated and attempted to flee with his angels to the Netherlands.  But Zhahara came down with a host of angels, caught them, and tied them up in celestial rope.

 

Zhahara looked upon her first creation, one she once loved with all her being, and spat in his angelic face. She gathered all his confederates, except those who fled to those accursed Netherlands. She flung them all into the ninth level of her newly created hell. Zhahara gave Samael corporal weight and stuck all his angels in his bodily orifices to slowly rot. His height exceeded the length of millions of miles. He was thrown into the ice to sink, think, and think and sink.

 

……

 

We, Samael’s remaining force, fled to the Netherlands; a place discovered by Samael on the other side of the universe. It was a shadow graveyard filled with phantom gods that once ruled a forgotten universe alongside Zhahara. There was no love lost between them. They still had the power to deny this space to Zhahara and the ability to heal Samael of his wounds. It was up to us to free him from that frozen wasteland where he was held. We devised a plan to invade all nine levels of hell. To free the damned, set fire to the ice, and when it melts, get them to help dig Samael out of Zhahara’s frozen playhouse.

 

The Phoenix shall rise again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  



© 2024 Robert Francis Callaci


Author's Note

Robert Francis Callaci
let her rip

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on January 29, 2024
Last Updated on January 29, 2024
Tags: ficton fantasy

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing