Solomon"s Dilemma

Solomon"s Dilemma

A Chapter by Robert Francis Callaci
"

time is relative

"

Solomon’s Dilemma (650 words)

The Wild West was under attack. It was being tamed against its will. States and boundaries were being formed, new laws were being written, and folks from the east were pouring into the west like a bunch of locusts. They brought along horse soldiers to root out, kill, rape, and pillage the Indian nation and claim the land for their own. Land for these white invaders was just layers of dirt for their feet to walk on. It had no spiritual significance to them whatsoever. This white disease drove the Indians from their pristine and sacred lands and promptly proceeded to infest them with their polluted ways.  A new page needed to be written to save the Wild West from the clutches of this white plague that contaminated all that it touched.  

Isaac Benjamin Solomon was deeply disturbed as he watched the historical events of the Western Frontier unfold before his eyes on the time scope.  Ever since he was a little boy, Earth’s Wild West held a special place in his heart. His grandfather told him many tales of the wild times he had on earth 12 as a young time cop in the tombstone territories. But he neglected to tell him about the near genocide the white devils inflicted upon the Indian tribes and the racist views that the majority of the white race held. He was appalled and sickened by their unsavory ways and decided to do something about it.

............

ALERT! ALERT! The time continuum on alternate Earth 12 has and is being altered. Events concerning the western frontier circa 1855 have been compromised. Lockdown of all time functions is now in effect. Alert! Alert...

The Space-Time Library of Multiversal History was abuzz with activity. Manipulation of the time streams was a serious breach of protocol. It was assumed that one of the Time Liberians took matters in his own hands. It appeared that Isaac Solomon one of their most gifted historical analysts went rogue. Time cops have been dispatched to the western frontier to apprehend the renegade and retrieve the time codes in order to put the historical events back to its proper perspective.

...........

Chief Running Bear warmly embraced the golden skinned silver haired man.  He handed him the peace pipe and said, “You are a hero amongst our people. These strange laser weapons you gave us are having a devastating effect amongst those who have stolen our lands. We are distributing them to all the tribes, even those tribes that have been assimilated and vanquished in the east. Those weapons will reassert their warrior spirit.  We’ve also decided to give a few caches of these laser rifles to our enslaved black brothers in the south. They will wreak havoc to the enslavers and become formidable allies to the Indian nation. The Sun, Moon, and Sky Spirits have answered our prayers by sending their emissary to us. Thanks to you, the reign of the White Man is coming to an end.”

..........

 Isaac with paint brush in hand was watching the buffalo roam across the plains. He had a huge grin on his face. He was no longer a bystander to history, he was now part of it. He had no regrets about altering this timeline and was happy to live out his years in it. But that was not to be as he found himself sucked into a whirlwind of flashing lights.

In an instant he found himself back in the great library in one of the integration rooms.  The time cops found him and bound him. His supervisor walked in the room, gave him a sad and disappointed look and said without preamble, “Give us the source code so we can undo what you did. You created one hell of a dilemma.”

Isaac heard the beating of the Indian drums, smiled, bit down, and activated the poison.  “The dilemma has been resolved.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2020 Robert Francis Callaci


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

13 Views
Added on October 28, 2020
Last Updated on October 28, 2020
Tags: fantasy

Strange Tales for Lost Souls


Author

Robert Francis Callaci
Robert Francis Callaci

Port Richey, FL



About
My passion is writing- I've been writing a mythological tale on the many facets and faces of GOD- I've been a net poet for the past seventeen years- I'm a former admin at lit .org and active one (Patr.. more..

Writing