Chapter 79

Chapter 79

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Indigo laying in bed with Summer asleep in her arms. Indigo brushes a strand of hair out of Summer’s face. Summer says, “Stop staring.”

Indigo says, “Can’t help it. You’re too beautiful.”

“So cheesy.”

Indigo kisses Summer. “But true.”

“You know, this is the first time you’ve woken up before me.”

“It’s also the first time I’ve slept over.”

“And was it to your liking?”

Indigo laughs. “I definitely enjoyed it. What about you?”

Summer sits up, kisses Indigo’s forehead and gets out of bed. “It was good.”

“Good? Is that all I get?”

Summer starts getting dressed. “We should do it again sometime?”

Indigo sits up. “Did I do something wrong?”

“Cover yourself up.”

“Why?”

Summer’s bedroom door opens, and Indigo quickly slides under the covers as Ethan runs in and jumps on the bed. Ethan looks at Indigo and says “Momma, you’re here. Are you taking me to school? Where’s Mommy?”

Summer says “Right here, son.”

Ethan sits on the bed and looks at Summer. “Did I nearly get you this time?”

“Nearly, buddy.”

“Mommy, why is Momma naked?”

Summer smiles. “She’s hot. Give Indigo a kiss and go get ready for school.”

“Yes, Mommy.” Ethan kisses Indigo’s cheek, jumps off the bed and hugs Summer. “Can I have eggs for breakfast?”

Summer kisses Ethan’s head. “Get dressed, then go see Grams and tell her we have a guest.”

Ethan runs out of the room. Summer closes the door. Indigo says “I should go.”

Summer dives on to the bed on top of Indigo. “Nope.”

“Summer, get off me.”

“Don’t want to.”

Indigo wriggles, trying to get Summer off her. “Summer, get off me. Now.”

“Ok.”

Summer sits on the edge of the bed. “I’ll be out of here in five minutes. You should go make breakfast for your son.”

Indigo gets out of bed and starts getting dressed. “Indi?” Indigo ignores Summer and continues to get dressed. “Indigo, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be so…”

“Cold? Heartless? Bitchy? Bipolar?”

“Yeah.”

“What happened?”

“I’m scared.”

Indigo sits next to Summer. “Of what?”

“This. Us. Everything. It’s too good to be true. I keep thinking I’m going to wake up and it’ll all have been a dream.”

“It’s not a dream, and if it is, don’t wake me up.”

“I always screw up when things are going good.”

“Not this time. I won’t let you, and neither will Gaz, or Priscilla, and you won’t let me.”

“I love you. Please, don’t ever forget that.”

“I won’t if you don’t.”

“Never.”

Summer kisses Indigo. “So, about what you said when you got out of bed?”

“Yeah, about that.”

“You meant it, didn’t you?”

“Yes. But, I may have underplayed it.”

“Explain, and make it good.”

“Ok, last night wasn’t good. It was amazing. It was the first time I’ve done that since before him. You were always the best and now, you’re even better. I may have let a bad thought creep in my head, that you wouldn’t want to do it again, and I panicked. I really would like to do that again, so we can be fully together, and with each other at the same time. I trust you with all of me and everything I am.”

“That was good, but I’m hungry.”

Summer raises an eyebrow. “For food?”

Indigo kisses Summer. “Yes, for food. I have to call Priscilla. We have a party to put together.”

“You know that’s my job, right?”

“I know, but you can’t organize your own birthday party.”

“No, Indi, I don’t want a party.”

“Sorry, Princess, you’re getting one. It’s Priscilla we’re talking about.”

“Can’t you stop her? Or get Gaz to stop her?”

“No. Best I can do is try and keep it low-key and stop her getting strippers. Or worse, doing it herself.”

“She wouldn’t?”

“She would, and she has. That woman has a strange take on gifts.”

“Please tell her I don’t want anything from her.”

“I’ll do my best.”

Summer kisses Indigo. “Thank you. We should get downstairs for breakfast before Mom shouts.”

Sabrina shouts, “Girls, breakfast, and hurry up. Ethan has to get to school.”

Indigo says, “Too late.”

Summer says, “Maybe we should go back to bed?”

“So Sabrina can come up and get us? How about no?”

“Fine.”

Indigo opens the door. “I’m sure I can make it up to you later.”

Indigo leaves the bedroom. Summer falls back on her bed. Sabrina shouts “Summer, come on.”

Summer shouts “Alright.” Summer gets off the bed and walks to the door. “I wonder if I can get out of a party by getting grounded?”

Summer leaves her room.



© 2018 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on January 23, 2018
Last Updated on January 23, 2018

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman