Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 54

Chapter 54

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Indigo in her office. Yeardleigh enters and says “You busy?”
Indigo says “Always. What is it?”
“You have visitors.”
Yeardleigh opens the door wider. Ethan runs in, jumps on Indigo’s lap, kisses her cheek and says “Hi, Indigo. Where have you been? Why weren’t you at my game last night?”
Indigo says “Hey, buddy. Where’s your mommy?”
Summer says “Right here. I’m sorry to drop by like this but Ethan wanted to give you something.”
Yeardleigh says “I’ll leave you alone.”
Indigo says “Thank you. Oh, Yeardleigh, that’s Summer and this is Ethan.”
Yeardleigh holds her hand out to Summer. “Nice to finally meet you.”
Summer shakes Yeardleigh’s hand and says “Moxie’s friend, right?” Yeadleigh nods. “Nice to meet you too. I’ve heard a lot about you.”
“If it’s from Moxie, I can assure you I’m not that bad.”
“Nothing she told me was bad
“I find that hard to believe, but thanks. I’d better get back to work.”
Yeardleigh leaves. “She seems nice.”
Indigo says “She is.” Indigo looks at Ethan. “So what did you want to give me?”
Ethan plays with Indigo’s hair and says “My teacher gave me a letter for you about carees week. Can you still do it?”
“I told you I would so I will. Where’s the letter?”
“In my bag. Why weren’t you at my game. Didn’t you want to see me play?”
“What do you play?”
“Right now I play baseball but in the summer time I’ll play soccer. When I’m bigger, I’m going to play football or basketball if I get tall.”
“You got it all planned out.”
“mommy says I can be whatever I want to be as long as I work hard to get it. Why weren’t you at my game?”
Summer says “I didn’t tell Indigo you had a game. Did you?” Ethan shakes his head. “Then that’s why.”
Indigo says “And I was working.”
Ethan says “Will you come to my next game?”
“Will you score a touchdown for me?”
“That’s football not baseball, silly.”
“I’m sorry. I don’t know much about sports.”
“That’s ok. Me and mommy can teach you and if you come to my games it will help.”
“You really want me to see you play, don’t you?”
“Yeah.”
“Ok. You let me know when your next game is and I’ll try and make it but I can’t promise. Ok?”
“Why not?”
Summer says “Ethan, Indigo is very busy. She can’t drop everything for you.”
Indigo says “But that doesn’t mean I don’t want to, so I’ll do my best. That better?”
Ethan says “Good things happen when you try you’re best. That’s what coach says so I guess that’s ok.”
“Good. I don’t want you upset with me.”
“No you don’t. Mommy says I’m horrible when I’m upset.”
Summer says “You are. Now, are you going to give Indigo her letter so I can get you home for dinner?”
“Is Indigo coming tonight?”
“Wow, little man, you’re obsessed.”
“What’s obsessed?”
Indigo says “Don’t you listen to her. She’s being mean.”
“Are you?”
“No, I can’t. I have to work. I’m sorry, buddy.”
Ethan sighs. “It’s ok.”
Ethan get off Indigo and walks towards Summer. He takes his bag and starts looking through it. Indigo walks to Summer. Summer says “I’m sorry about him. I don’t know what’s got into him the last few days.”
Indigo says “Don’t apologise. I think he’s adorable.”
“You know, you’re always welcome anytime. Unless you’re trying to distance yourself because of what I said last night?”
“No, of course not. I have to catch up on some work so I can help Priscilla organise a party for Gaz.”
Ethan says “Mommy does that. She should help.”
Summer says “He’s right. When is it?”
Indigo says “Friday night.”
“Scuppered my plans, but I’ll help. I had a cancellation so I’m free.”
“If you had plans, you can’t drop them for me.”
“I was going to ask you out to dinner Friday night but I guess there’s no point now.”
“We could go for dinner and then go to the party. That’s if you want to?”
“Miss Wyatt, are you asking me out?”
“Why yes, Miss Xander, I am.”
“Can I think about it?”
“Umm, sure, if you have to.”
Ethan hands Indigo an envelope and a piece of paper, and says “Here’s the letter and I made this today. I was going to give it to mommy but I think you should have it here. Your office is boring.”
Indigo looks at the paper. “Thank you, Ethan. It’s beautiful.”
Summer says “What is it?”
Indigo passes the paper to Summer. Ethan says “It’s our family, Mommy.”
Summer smiles and passes the paper back to Indigo. “We better get going, son. Say bye to Indigo.”
Ethan hugs Indigo. “I’ll see you soon, won’t I?”
Indigo kisses the top of Ethan’s head and says “Yes, you will.”
“When?”
Indigo looks at Summer. Summer says “Friday when she comes to pick me up for our date.”
“Why so long?”
Indigo says “Because I have a lot of work to do.”
Ethan nods and puts his bag on his back. Summer kisses Indigo’s cheek and says “Let me know about this party for Gaz?”
“I’ll speak to Priscilla and call you later.”
“Don’t work too hard.”
Ethan and Summer leave. Indigo looks at the paper Ethan gave her. “Our family.”


© 2016 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on July 2, 2016
Last Updated on July 2, 2016

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman