Chapter 28

Chapter 28

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Indigo says "I wasn't that bad."
Priscilla says "Oh come on. I remember some of our college parties. Were you as bad as that?"
Indigo smiles. "Worse."
"Wow. Why didn't I know you then?"
Reuben says "So what happened?"
Gaz says "Summer."
"Did that girl tame you?"
Summer says "No. I just distracted her."
Indigo turns her head to face Summer and says "Oh my God!"
Priscilla says "Hey. Sit down. Do you want a drink?"
Summer says "Thank you, but no. I can't stay."
Gaz says "Why the f**k not?"
"Job to do. Anyway, Indi, this is for you." Summer places a small flower on the table in front of Indigo. "I'd better get back."
Summer starts to walk away. Priscilla says "Indigo?"
Indigo doesn't move. Gaz shouts "Summer, hold up."
Summer stops as Gaz slides under the table and walks over to her. "At least last time you spoke to her."
Indigo doesn't answer and is looking at Summer. Reuben says "Has she rendered you speechless?"
Indigo still doesn't move. Priscilla kicks Indigo under the table. Indigo says "Ow! What was that for?"
Priscilla says "Thought you'd stopped breathing."
Reuben says "So, that was her?"
Indigo says "Yeah."
"She's changed from the pictures you have."
"I don't remember showing you her pictures."
Priscilla says "You didn't, I did. And before you start, he needed some idea of what she looked like as he was meant to be a lookout."
"It's ok."
Reuben says "What did she give you?"
"What?"
"This." Reuben picks up the flower. "What is this?"
Indigo takes the flower and smiles. "It's a forget-me-not.. WHen did she give me that?"
Priscilla says "Right before she walked off. Jesus, where did you go?"
Gaz comes back and says "So that guy said our time's up. I dunno what he means."
Reuben says "He means we have to go back to the main room. Come on, ladies, time to get wasted."
Indigo stays sat down. Reuben shuffles his way around the seating behind Priscilla. "Come on, sis."
Indigo says "What did you say to her?"
"Long story short, she'll come back if you remember the answer. I hope you know what she's on about."
Indigo quickly finds her phone and sends a message. Reuben grabs Indigo's hand and says "You look like you could use a drink. Or five. Let's go."
Indigo stands up, hands Priscilla the flower and says "Keep this safe for me?"
Priscilla takes it and says "Sure."
Reuben drags Indigo away as Priscilla puts the flower in her purse. Gaz says "What was that?"
"Apparently it's a forget-me-not."
Gaz giggles. "Soppy s***s." Gaz holds his arm out for Priscilla. "Drink, m'lady?"
Priscilla takes Gaz's arm. "Please, kind sir." Gaz and Priscilla walk towards the main room door. "Hey, why didn't you tell Indigo how different Summer looked?"
"How do you know there's a difference?"
"I saw some pictures and I heard you say so."
"Well why didn't you?"
"You kidding? her face was priceless." Gaz and Priscilla laugh. "Did you get a good look up my dress when you were under the table?"
"A quick look, not a good look."
Priscilla lets go of Gaz's arm. "Sucks for you." Gaz opens the door. As Priscilla walks past him, she stops to whisper in his ear. "But you haven't spoilt the surprise."
Priscilla walks away. "Good pick, sis."
Gaz follows Priscilla into the main room.


© 2016 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on June 2, 2016
Last Updated on June 2, 2016

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman