Chapter 74

Chapter 74

A Chapter by Jemma Packman

Indigo sat in her living room. Iona walks in, puts a couple of bags on the coffee table and says "I brought food and wine. You sounded like you needed it."

Indigo says "Thanks."

"I was surprised you called. I thought you'd never talk to me again."

"You're the only one that can help with this."

"Is that a good or bad thing?"

"Not sure."

"I'll get the glasses."

Indigo grabs a bottle of wine, opens it and drinks. "You do that."

"Ok. What did she do?"

"What?"

"What did Summer do?"

"Nothing."

"Then why this?"

Iona points at the bottle. "Courage."

"Indigo, what's going on?"

Summer walks in and says "Indi?" Indigo puts the bottle on the table, rushes to Summer, throwd her arms around Summer's neck and starts crying. Summer rubs Indigo's back. "Why are you crying?"

"I should leave."

Indigo shakes her head against Summer. "I think she wants you to stay." Indigo nods. "Do you know what's wrong?"

"No. She called me, asked me to come over. She said she'd tell me when she saw me but she hasn't. I only got here a few minutes ago."

Summer picks Indigo up, walks over to the chair, and sits down with Indigo in her lap. "Indi, please tell me, tell us, what's wrong? We're worried. I can't stand seeing you cry. Do I need to go give someone a beat down for upsetting you?"

Indigo shakes her head. "I'm going to call Priscilla. Maybe she knows."

"Good idea." Iona pulls her phone out and makes the call. Summer kisses Indigo's head. "Do I need to call your mom?" Indigo shakes her head. "Lexi?" Indigo shakes her head again. "Domino's?" Indigo laughs slightly and points at the table. "I didn't see that. You want some?"

"The bag nearest you is hers. Priscilla's on her way. She doesn't have a clue either."

Summer reaches for the bag but can't get it. "Hey, dead weight. You're going to have to grab that if you want to stay sat there."

Indigo says "Not hungry."

"I am. Can I have some?"

Iona says "Why not."

"Please pass it over, Indi?" Indigo moves to grab the bag and places it on her lap as she leans back against Summer's shoulder. "Thank you." Summer opens the bag and looks in. "Forks?"

"Some of us can't use chopsticks."

Iona takes the food out of her bag and starts eating. "Neither can I. I make a mess when I try."

Indigo says "Midnight Palace."

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Our third date."

"Remind me."

"You took me to Midnight Palace. Tried to impress me by using chopstick and spilt soy sauce all over yourself."

Iona says "How?"

"I'm not sure. She blamed the table for being wobbly."

Iona laughs. Summer says "Still impressed you though."

"You're confidence impressed me."

Iona says "Confidence?"

"Yeah. In the middle of the place, which was packed, she took off her shirt and jeans, asked the manager if someone could take them to the dry cleaners and sat and ate in a sports bra and a pair of Daffy Duck boxers. How old were you? Fifteen?""

Summer nods. "Did they really take your clothes to be cleaned?"

Summer says "Really? That's the question you ask about that story?"

"I don't want an image of you in your underwear, so yeah."

"Yes they did. Indigo, why are we both here?"

Indigo sighs and says "I need to tell you something and I'm not sure I'll be able to. Iona knows everything about it so if I can't, she can."

Iona says "Indigo, is this about...?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"My boss said it's related to your case, Sums, and you should hear it was from me."

Summer say "Ok."

Iona says "What case?"

Indigo says "That doesn't matter." Indigo puts the food back on the table then holds Summer's hand, playing with her fingers. You know I told you my relationships all ended badly?" Summer nods. "My last girlfriend, she, erm, killed herself, because of me."

"You don't know that."

"Her mother told me."

"Her mother didn't like you. She didn't like any of us." Indigo starts to cry. Summer holds Indigo. "Indigo and Noya went out for almost a year. Noya worshipped the ground Indigo walked on. I thought she was going to propose. A couple of days before their anniversary, Indigo get this crazy voicemail."

Summer says "Crazy how?"

"Screaming, yelling, things smashing. Indigo tried calling her all day but no answer. Thinking it was part of this promise they'd made, none of us thought about it."

"Promise?"

Indigo says "Not to see or talk to each other the day before our anniversary."

Iona says "We all go to Noya's place the day of to be greeted by cops, paramedics and Noya's mother screeching that it was all Indigo's fault and to leave. Priscilla took Indigo away. I tried talking to Mrs Howell, but it was no use. After the funeral, Indigo shut down on us a bit. We couldn't even say the name without her losing it. I guess never really knowing what happened will do that. Especially when it wasn't the first time."

Summer says "Can we not get into that now? Wait, did you say Noya Howell?"

"Yeah, why? Sleep with her too?"

"Indi, was it going to be your first anniversary?"

"I said almost a year, didn't I?"

"I think I organised an anniverary slash engagement party for her."

Indigo sits up and says "What?"

"Two years ago, I think. I was hired to do my thing and met with this woman who only said she wanted the night to be perfect for her angel."

"That's what she called me."

Iona says "Bullshit. I don't trust you."

Summer says "I don't care." Summer looks at Indigo. "Why is she related to my case?"

Indigo says "I don't know."

"I'll find out. Meredith may need my files, that's all. Don't panic."

Summer kisses Indigo. Priscilla walks in and says "What have I missed? And Indigo, you have a visitor."

Indigo says "Where?"

Priscilla walks back to the door. "Come in then."

Yeardleigh enters, carrying a box and says "Hey, boss. I brought this round for you. But, I can see you're busy, so I'll put this down and get out of here."

Indigo says "Thanks, Yeardleigh."

Yeardleigh puts the box down and heads to the door. Summer says "Yeardleigh, wait. Are you heading back ot the office?"

Yeardleigh says "Yeah. I'm assisting Ms Platt while Indigo is out of the office."

Priscilla says "You're taking time off?"

Indigo says "Working from home until further notice."

Yeardleigh says "If you need anything, let me know. From the office I mean."

Iona says "You're not a delivery service."

"I am if Indigo needs me to be."

Priscilla says "You've been banned from the office?"

Indigo says "The building actually."

"What the f**k did you do?"

"Nothing."

Summer says "Is this because of me?"

"No. It's because of him."

"I'll fix this. Yeardleigh, can I come with you?"

Yeardleigh says "Sure. I'll go flag down a cab."

Iona shouts "No." Everyone looks at Iona. "I mean, I can take you, if you want."

Priscilla says "Pushy much?"

"F**k off. It's on my way."

Yeardleigh says "You don't have to, and I don't know you."

Iona walks to Yeardleigh and holds out her hand. "I'm Iona. Yeardleigh, right?"

Yeardleigh shakes Iona's hand. "Yeah. You sure it's no problem?"

"No problem at all." Yeardleigh looks at Indigo. Indigo smiles. Yeardleigh nods. "Great. I'll show you to my car."

Iona and Yeardleigh start to leave. Summer says "Don't forget me."

Iona looks at Summer. "If only that was an option. Hurry up. Bye, guys."

Iona and Yeardleigh leaves. "She's warming up to me." Indigo laughs. Summer kisses Indigo. "You're going to have to get off me, you know."

Indigo says "Do you have to go?"

SUmmer stands up, lifting Indigo with her. "I can come back later tonight when Ethan's asleep. If you want?"

"I don't want to be alone."

Summer puts Indigo in the chair. "Priscilla's here and you can always come to mine. I know Ethan would love to see you and Mom's mom, so you know how that works."

"I don't know."

"Whatever you decide is good by me. I better go before Iona gets really pissed at me." Summer kisses Indigo. "I love you."

"I love you, Princess."

Priscilla says "Do I get a kiss goodbye?"

Summer says "No."

"Why the f**k not?"

"You have a boyfriend and you're not wet."

"I could be. You two are hot together."

Summer shakes her head. "Bye."

Summer leaves. Indigo says "Do you have to wind her up like that?"

Priscilla says "No, but it's fun." Indigo laughs. Priscilla sits down. "Going to tell me why I got that call?"

"I told Summer about Noya."

"S**t. How'd that go?"

"She met her. Planned our anniversary party."

"Wow."

"I know."

"Ok, we got food and booze. Want to talk?"

"Not about that."

"Good." Priscilla grabs the open bottle of wine and drinks. "Did you see the way Iona was with that assistant of yous? Maybe they'll both get over you by getting under each other."

"You're terrible."

"Your brother likes it."

"Shut up and eat."



© 2017 Jemma Packman


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on May 22, 2017
Last Updated on May 22, 2017

Finding Summer


Author

Jemma Packman
Jemma Packman

Hull, East Yorkshire, United Kingdom



Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Jemma Packman


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Jemma Packman