Morning and Sunny

Morning and Sunny

A Chapter by Some Random Person.
"

Its the morning after the Party and Elizabeth and Elijah are still talking about the furry condition.

"
It was now the in the morning and Elijah only slept about 3 hours. It was Sunday, but it felt like a Monday. He woke up in a stretch and yawned. Sighing, he sat up on his top bunk. Nate slept under, but he wasn't in bed.  Elijah then climbed down the stairs, hit the floor with a soft clank and looked to his left at his clock. It read 6:05 a.m. He rubbed his eyes, then walked slowly to the kitchen, where he found Nate, Haylee and his mother. His mother was cooking eggs and bacon for breakfast. He sat at the table in the kitchen.  His siblings were chatting quietly at the table. 
A few minutes later, breakfast was served, and the family-short of the father-was eating quietly. Elijah finished quickly, inspite of his grogginess. After he put his dishes in the dishwasher, he went to change out of his PJs. After he changed, he went outside, to enjoy the hot, summer air, but when he went outside, it wasn't hot, but approximately 69 degrees Fahrenheit. He liked it cooler than the usual summer heat. He wished it was like that the whole year. 
Then he went to Elizabeth's. He thought it was a bit too early, but Elizabeth answered anyway. She was always up early, even before Haylee sometimes. Her hair was messed around, like a person who just woke up, but she was dressed in fresh, new clothes.
Elizabeth opened the door. She looked like crap. Her hair was all over the place, and she had her glasses on. For some reason, glasses made her look older. She only used them for reading. She was fully dressed in freshly cleaned clothing. Her hair was straitened, hiding her usually curly hair. Her earings were long and elegant, suiting her. She had two nechlaces on: a gold aspen leaf, and a silver cross. She had a blue watch on and an evil eye bracelet on. Her glasses made it known that Elizabeth had been reading.
She went out of the doorway for a few seconds to mark her page and take off her glasses. When she finally emerged from the house, she looked much better.
"Hey, you are sure up early. What brought you out of bed?" She asked Elijah.
"Alarm rang for Church, but my family's not going today. Mom's to tired to dress us and all that. What were you reading?"
"One of the greatest books ever written! You might not like it though. It's called City of Glass by Cassandra Clare. It's about this girl who finds out she's a Shadowhunter and learns the ways of the Shadowhunters." 
She continued about the book she was reading, but Elijah tuned out. He was trying to figure out how he was going to break the news to his little siblings. Elizabeth was usually a good strategist, but she was talking, so he let her go on. 
When she finally stopped talking about the book, he intervened and said, "I still have no clue how to tell them. Do you have an idea?"
"No, but I still think you should try. They may not believe you, but its worth a try." Was all her answer, so he tried again, even though that was best done by Elizabeth.
"I might, but I still don't know how I'm going to get them to believe me. Nor will they be likely to ever believe me again after I tell them."
"It's still worth the try."
"Why does every conversation we have always come to this?"
"I don't know; you're the one who brought it up, remember?" He did, too, but he wasn't about to admit that to her. She had outsmarted her again, and he wasn't to glad about that. Of course, she was 2 years ahead of him and in a better school, but he still wanted to corner her.
When she closed the gate of the front porch, the dogs started barking up a storm. Then, they made their way to the Dirt Hill. The Dirt Hill was one of their fonder childhood places. In the years past, they would play various games there. They would dig holes, make waterfalls, you name it, they definitely did it.
Now, they just used it as a place to talk under a tree, next to entrance of a small forest. They talked about many things. Usually whatever came to their minds came up in conversation. Mostly random, weird things. Some were important, like it was now.They needed to talk about how Elijah would tell his family about his furry condition.
"How would Haylee tell you something like this?" Elizabeth asked, challengingly.
"She wouldn't. She would probably wait until it was discovered or until she was caught changing." Elijah replied to Elizabeth's question after a moment of hesitancy and the thought. What would she do? "How would you tell?" He challenged back.

"Me? Well I would either tell my parents or just wait to be discovered. I don't know, just follow where your heart's desire is. That's the best advice I could give you right now." Elizabeth said the last with a matter-of-fact voice, and Elijah could tell she definitely meant it. 
"What if I don't want to?" Elijah let out the childish question without wanting to. He instantly regretted speaking. "Sorry, I didn't mean to let that out." He said, interrupting Elizabeth before she could start speaking. 
"I don't know why, but I feel like someone is watching me. Do you?"
"No, but-" Elijah was cut off by Haylee.
"Hey you too! What are you doing up and out so early?" Haylee held herself back from adding, 'you love birds' to her comment. She promised Elijah to secrecy when he first told her he liked Elizabeth.
"Haylee, what are you doing up and out so early?" Elizabeth asked back, answering a question with a question. She knew Haylee hated that. It was the reason why she said that. 
"Because, unlike some people, I ALWAYS get up early." It was true, too. Haylee always was the first or second person up. Sometimes, though she won't ever admit this, Nate beat her. 
"Yes, but do you ever get up early and get out early?" Elizabeth questioned Haylee this again, as she liked doing. Elizabeth always loved getting the people she was talking to into corners and making them go crazy trying to find a way out. It always seamed easy for her to do it. It was more evidence of Practice Makes Perfect.
"Okay, fine! I give up. Happy?" Haylee questioned her back.
"Yes. Now will you shut it and take your little brother and entertain him for me. He's getting on my last nerve." Haylee did as Elizabeth asked, even though she wasn't sure why. She knew Elizabeth and Elijah had something to talk about alone, but she didn't want to give in so easily. She never did.
"And why should I do that? I know you two want to talk about something without me interfering, but too late. It's morning, and I want to know what in the world you people are talking about." 
At this, Elizabeth sent Elijah a What-Are-We-Going-To-Do? look. Then, she came with an answer that was completely irrelevant. "Fine, Haylee. If you want to know, then come walk with me." She replied, and at Elijah's look of surprise and anger, she sent him a don't-you-worry-I'm-not-going-to-tell-her glance. Then she added, "Alone, please."
Elizabeth and Haylee headed South on their street, then turning left, she spoke calmly, but before she could speak, Haylee beat her to it.
"Tell me now. What were you too talking about."
"Why? What do you think we were talking about?"
"Can I ask you a question?"
"You just did," Elizabeth said sarcastically, then added, "but go ahead anyway. Shoot."
"Do you like him? I mean more than friends."
Elizabeth was taken by surprise. She didn't expect that question, but she was used to it already. She was asked this way too many times in the years past. 

"Why are you asking me this? Haylee, do you want to tell me something."
"Why do you thing I'm asking you this?" Haylee answered Elizabeth's question with a question in an attempt to corner Elizabeth, but Elizabeth had another way out, still dodging the question.
"Because you're wanting to bug me about something, and this is the beginning? Tell me, is there something you want to tell me?"
"I want to, but I can't. Can you guess it?" 
"Not sure." She wasn't sure, but she had an idea. "Clue?" She only said that to give Haylee the satisfaction of her confused mind.
"Elijah, Elizabeth." Was all she said.
"Meaning? Tell me, and I promise I won't tell anyone anything." Elizabeth meant that. She kept too many secrets to count. Sometimes, she didn't even remember the secrets.
"Elizabeth, you're smart at coding language and grammar, not to mention that you love to spy and do investigations of Murders on TV. You should be able to figure out those two clues!"
Elizabeth thought she did, but she wasn't going to let on. "How about one more hint. I don't have any idea about what you're talking about by saying,"Elijah, Elizabeth""
"Elizabeth, Elijah. Different Elijah?"
"Meaning?" Now she was lost. Where was Haylee going with this?
"Really Elizabeth? Doesn't Elijah seam different to you now? Like something traumatic hapend? I just can't figure anything out about it, and he won't enlighten me either." 

 Great. Of course he won't tell you. He's furry and you can't tell, thought Elizabeth.   How do I cover him? Pretend that I don't know?  That's exactly what she did. "I don't know Haylee, but all I can say is that he'll probably tell you if and when he's ready."


© 2011 Some Random Person.


Author's Note

Some Random Person.
Not finished yet, but only because my laptop battery is getting low.

What should happen next? How do you like it so far? What do you think about the characters?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I had to re-read the four chapters to catch-up. You have create a entertaining and wild story. I like the characters and the situation you have put them in. A lot of mystery and regret in this story. Thank you for the excellent story. I will keep reading.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Its good to really buidt the characters. Really start getting into descirbing the characters and their background. I like it so far. Next, you could started getting into them changeing into wolves and forshallow a plot

Posted 12 Years Ago


I liked this chapter it was entertaining to say the least. I like Elizabet because she likes to talk people into corners. I don't really know if I like Haylee...she seems really annoying...I wouldn't want her to know either if I were Elijah. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ahaha very good chapter!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I had to re-read the four chapters to catch-up. You have create a entertaining and wild story. I like the characters and the situation you have put them in. A lot of mystery and regret in this story. Thank you for the excellent story. I will keep reading.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting. Elizabeth is being kind of stupid in a funny way.

Posted 13 Years Ago


All the characters in the book are real, but the story is fiction. I, of course, am Elizabeth. Elijah, Haylee, and Nate are real people. And they really do live in Siloam Springs Arkansas. The Beethoven Ave. is fake; there isn't one that I know of in Siloam. The werewolf part, I am sure, is fake, but that's what makes this story so interesting, I think. I just don't know whether I should start Haylee and Nate up yet. I mean whether they should start coming into the story on a regular basis...

Please help me on these little things, and answer these questions:

What should happen next? If I like your idea, I'll write it.

How do you like it so far? I want some more input on it.

What do you think about the characters? Should I change them a bit?

Thanks, everyone.

Elizabeth

Posted 13 Years Ago


The chapter was really well written and I loved the descriptions. Though where you wrote "bench/table" makes it seem like you're unsure of where he is going to sit. And in the extra paragraph you added in the note, I would hardly think that wearing glasses would qualify anyone as looking like crap. Most guys like the glasses look. But that is just my opinion. Other than those small confusions in my brain, I like it. ^.^

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Can't wait for you to add more onto this book! :) The characters are very well progressed over the chapters too.

~Bookers~ (Lizzard)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

568 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 24, 2011
Last Updated on March 11, 2011
Tags: werewolves, fiction

Wish Upon A Star


Author

Some Random Person.
Some Random Person.

Ravenclaw House, The Library, Messaline, Midnight, colonizing the New Earth, TX



About
So if all of ya'll will help me pay for college, that'd be great... http://www.gofundme.com/jhx73o For all you Doctor Who obsessing people... Don't say I hate you. But I do hate those Dale.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Boredom Boredom

A Poem by LivingDeath


Suicide. Suicide.

A Poem by Jeweliet