Nov 2, 2005

Nov 2, 2005

A Chapter by Meboe

Hello again!  I was listening to someone the other day, and we were talking about religion.  Big surprise huh?  This person said, the only way he would believe is if he saw it to believe it.  I think this is called agnostic or something like that.  Well guess what folks... chances you you're not going to see it, especially if you're a non believer.  Are you expecting a cloud in the sky to appear as the face of Jesus and hear it say, "Now do you believe?!"  Are you expecting to see the face of God while you're on this Earth?  I hate to break it to you, but you're in for a rude awakening.  What will it take for some people to finally open their ears, eyes, and hearts?  There is enough evidence in this world to believe His existence.  Think about it people... what year do we live in now?  2005 AD right?  What was the year about 2007 years ago?  2 BC right?  Does anyone know what BC stands for?  Before Christ!  That should be sufficient enough evidence to say Jesus walked this Earth over 2005 years ago.  It's as though us true Christians are sailing through a wavy ocean full of death and sin, and yet non believers still choose to swim.

Let me tell you about some people I admire.  First off, there is a co-worker of mine who is always talking about how lovely his wife is.  When he is leaving work, he is so excited to go home and see his wife.  He tells me how much he loves her.  One day, I finally told him that I really admire him and the way he treats his wife.  He's been married for just over 20 years, and he acts as though everyday was the first day they met.  He tells me they still hold hands when they go out... you know the usual stuff you see young couples do in their early days of a relationship.  I asked him how he does it.  He says, "I put my wife before me, and she puts me before her."  To me, that's true love.  That is exactly how we should treat our brothers, sisters, neighbors... just everyone in general.  I once heard someone quote something from the bible, "Owe no man nothing but love."  I think there is a lot of meaning in that.

I know how we can get caught up in material possessions all the time.  We have a self-centered personality by nature.  It will literally destroy a lot of people.  Recently, when I was playing a video game, I was playing for a couple hours.  And something hit me, I was all of a sudden uninterested in it because I realized how pointless it was.  I'm not saying video games are bad.  I was running this guy all around and putting a lot of hours into it, when I realized... none of this matters.  What is this going to accomplish in my life?  Then I all of a sudden I got an urge to go read the bible because I know it will help me grow spiritually.  And I did just that.  I can relate that game I was playing to my current life..... God doesn't care what kind of car I drive.... God doesn't care how big my TV is.... God doesn't care how expensive my clothes are.  I remember a quote from the movie Gladiator.  "What we do in life, echos in eternity."  I don't know about you, but I'd do my best to get to know Jesus and His word in the bible before your time is up.  You're on the edge of spending forever in hell, or being forever in happiness with the one who created you.  All it takes is faith, love, and obedience.  How hard is that to do?  Just take it a step at a time.  The more you resist sin, the cleaner your heart will be.  Your heart will be filled with love.  And God is love.



© 2014 Meboe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on December 6, 2012
Last Updated on October 7, 2014

Book of Blogs


Author

Meboe
Meboe

Middleburg, FL



Writing
Book of Blogs Book of Blogs

A Book by Meboe


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Meboe


Oct 10, 2005 Oct 10, 2005

A Chapter by Meboe