Dec 19, 2005

Dec 19, 2005

A Chapter by Meboe

Although I mention a lot as to how great and wonderful it is to be a Christian.  In better terms, following Christ.  It isn’t always easy.  The more we follow Jesus, the more we get tempted.  The Devil has a target on every single one of us Christians.  Especially preachers and their families.  It is because in a church, everyone has their eye and attention onto the preacher.  When that preacher does something wrong and inappropriate, it not only hurts the preacher, but the church.  This is a direct attack on the body of Christ.  We Christians have a reputation to protect and it’s not about protecting ourselves, it’s about protecting what is God’s.  As the pastor at my church put it, “Those who attend church, are no different than the ones who don’t.”  Sometimes we can be God’s enemy.  When we do wrong in front of non-believers, they think, “if that what a follower of Christ is like, I want nothing to do with that.”  Impressions can be very difficult to shake off.  I used to have a negative impression on Christians.  Even as I was a Christian myself!  When I would hear someone preach to me or talk about Jesus I would think to myself, “boring!”  I had a spark for a Holy Spirit.  All it took was a great deal of pain to throw some gas onto that spark.  What will it take for people to fire up their spirit?

 

Ever noticed when you go into a church you get this tendency to not swear?  Not only that, but to just act on your best behavior.  Or how about when you hang out with a bad crowd of kids known for their mischievous behavior it is so much easier to do wrong.  It’s about both good and bad spirits.  Yes, they do exist even though they cannot be seen with our physical eyes.  It can be noticeable when a person has been controlled by a bad spirit.  I’ve heard of marriages ending due to these circumstances.  One day, your spouse wants to marry you, then a year later, he/she wants to go out and just party.  There are so many different situations we face.  But it is a difficult situation that can be fixed or restored.  And what better way to restore than to repent to God.  For the hundredth time, Jesus heals!

 

Just because I type these blogs does not mean I’m going to Heaven.  You can save a whole country from starvation.  That doesn’t matter unless you accept Jesus as your savior.  I get nothing out of these blogs other than the joy and blessings from God’s will.  It seems as though we Christians can sin and sin again, but it’s not a big deal.  We can just turn to God and ask for forgiveness.  That’s the basis of repenting.  But God knows where your heart is and if you really mean it.  There is still a plethora of things I don’t understand what God does in my life.  It would seem those gaps of confusion would keep my distant from God or question Him.  But my faith allows me to bridge those gaps and therefore, I know God is perfect, and His will for me will prevail in the end.  It doesn’t matter what the cost may seem at the moment.  There have been times in my life when something would seem so irrational.  Years later I would think back and say, “I’m glad I didn’t end up making that choice.”  Notice I just mentioned years later?  Be patient with God, as He is patient with you.  His blessings may take time, others may seem instant.  Regardless, blessings are real and they are for our benefit.  It’s just once again, one of many gifts God has given us.


© 2012 Meboe


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
Added on December 6, 2012
Last Updated on December 6, 2012

Book of Blogs


Author

Meboe
Meboe

Middleburg, FL



Writing
Book of Blogs Book of Blogs

A Book by Meboe


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Meboe


Oct 10, 2005 Oct 10, 2005

A Chapter by Meboe