Naughty Daniel

Naughty Daniel

A Chapter by Edwina
"

Daniel blows his stack in a myriad of ways.

"

Daniel phoned from the firehouse, and asked Brenda if he could stop by to pick up his bowling ball. Two firemen eavesdropped, then went back to their chores. As Brenda had pointed out, NO ONE in town must ever know about their affair, and any conversations about Daniel had to be "light and bland" at all times. Mr. Griffin was the only one who knew anything substantial about the nature of their relationship.

Brenda followed him up to his room in the big house, and watched as he hunted for the green bowling ball that would be donated to the rummage sale at the Police station annex.  After he had located it inside the carrying case, he pulled Brenda onto his bed and made her a happy woman. There was not much time for any form of "afterglow" as Daniel ranted about Caitlin's latest scheme. Brenda steeled herself for the worst, and Daniel delivered.

Caitlin's grandmother, Maureen (Mo), was putting her Baltimore bungalow up for sale, and would be giving Caitlin and Daniel money for a down payment on a "brand new" house in a development not far from Brenda's big old home. There was one major catch. Mo would be living with them full time. Caitlin said that she wanted more children, and would be "needing the help" from Granny to raise the brood.

Daniel blew up at her suggestion, and stormed out of the house. Henry began to cry, so he went back inside, dressed his baby boy, bundle style, and took him for a walk. Henry listened as Daniel cussed out Caitlin under his breath all the way down the sidewalk. Henry's biological mother was nothing short of a "Bunghole" and the beautiful Miss Grayson would be the best "fairy godmother" that a child could ever want.

Daniel asked about the new shop window, but seemed preoccupied with his own personal angst. Caitlin's drinking was getting worse, Henry cried a lot more, and despite his own ability to solve other peoples' problems, he didn't fare well with most women when it came to reciprocal love. He felt lonely most of the time, and turned to "dirty" magazines in order to let off steam. Brenda took the bundle of magazines just before he left her home, and Daniel suggested she burn them. Brenda said that she was going to read them. He kissed her quickly, and got into his car.

Buying houses might be a good investment in the long run. Brenda bought up every magazine she could find about modern architecture, and circled the houses that caught her fancy. One housing development was for retired people with no children. The homes started at 80 thousand dollars and went up. Each house had a full valley view of the Washington D.C. area. Brenda felt that Mr. Blundon would like to have lived in one. Perhaps, in a strange way, he still had something to do with building things.

C J Marks


© 2014 Edwina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
Added on February 11, 2014
Last Updated on February 11, 2014
Tags: infidelity, anger, delusions, trapped, protection

The House On Oglethorpe Street


Author

Edwina
Edwina

Dolan Springs, AZ



About
I live in the desert, and write. I had been doing poetry, but recently decided to write a novel. It gives me a whole new place to hang out, so to speak. more..

Writing
Measles Measles

A Poem by Edwina


Words Words

A Chapter by Edwina