The Spirit World

The Spirit World

A Chapter by Edwina
"

Valentine's Day is a hit at Miss Grayson's shop

"
Valentine's day was a big success.  Most people loved the window, but one woman took great offense at the "exploitation" of the dead, and found Brenda to be "ghoulish."  Brenda took that as a compliment. All of the flyers and chocolates were gone by the end of the day. Both Daniel, and Farleigh had sent her Valentines by mail. Farleigh would be returning in a few days to drive Brenda to the Riddle animal sanctuary and check up on her four rescued animals. He agreed to attend an informal Spiritualist meeting at the Blundon house, and have an opportunity to talk with Fiona. Harriet was invited to come, and only time would tell whether she'd show up, or not.

Still intrigued by the modern houses, Brenda planned to ask Farleigh if he would like to have a look at an 80 thousand dollar house "in a special subdivision."  Money was never a problem for her, whether hoarding it, or spending it. Buying a new house could have repercussions. She didn't want to leave Oak Villa, but she often felt that Mr. Blundon wanted her to "go after new experiences." She rarely picked up energies from Fannie Blundon. 

Perhaps Fannie had moved into a new realm, and had no reason to "hover" like her husband did. Brenda felt that they were on friendly terms, but no longer "married."  The spirits got together when it was necessary. They each had areas of expertise. Changing ages was a game they often played. Fannie was clearly focused on the family. Joseph Blundon wanted to observe the "progress of man, or lack thereof".

The spirits of Guy Brown and Waters Blundon loved the house, but Charles Lynch would only come for a special reason. He had a family in the spirit world. The spirits had plenty of time and space to work with, and they didn't need phones, or vehicles in order to travel. Telepathy was well developed there, and messages to the living did get through most of the time. People who had been "cheated" out of full lives had opportunities to keep evolving. Some of them wanted to stay eleven, or 48 "forever" because something perfect had happened to them at those ages.

Farleigh would be more open minded about the afterlife than Daniel, at least for awhile.
Brenda closed up shop, and walked home in the dark. She often felt that someone was watching over her. And they were.

C J. Marks


© 2014 Edwina


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
Added on February 21, 2014
Last Updated on February 21, 2014
Tags: animals, charity, love, spirits, friends

The House On Oglethorpe Street


Author

Edwina
Edwina

Dolan Springs, AZ



About
I live in the desert, and write. I had been doing poetry, but recently decided to write a novel. It gives me a whole new place to hang out, so to speak. more..

Writing
Measles Measles

A Poem by Edwina


Words Words

A Chapter by Edwina