Welcome To Crete Chapter 53

Welcome To Crete Chapter 53

A Chapter by Repgreece
"

Fay and Adam argue

"

"What do you mean you have to go back to England? What for?" Adam frowned, moving away from her and leaning backwards on his hands.

Oh hell, here we go!

"Well, I do have family back there," she reasoned, "I like to see them every now and then."

He narrowed his eyes at her. "So what's the big rush to get back now of all times? I would have thought you'd have visited them out of season. And if this trip was planned, then why leave it until the last minute to tell me?"

She hesitated, running the questions through her mind and trying to come up with a reasonable response.

"Well...I have other things to sort out too," she blurted out.

He scrutinised her flustered face. "What other things?"

She should have seen that coming.

"Financial things, I have bank accounts in England," she supplied.

He tutted. "You can sort those things out online these days. No, there's more to it than that I can feel it, you've not been yourself today either. When did you make this decision to go back?"

She picked up her MP3 player, fiddling with the settings and giving herself time to think.

"I had a phone call from England this morning, seems that I can't sort this out online. Look," she began in a more appealing voice, "I realise that it's not the best time, what with it being the beginning of the season and that, but it's only three weeks and it's fairly quiet at work now anyway."

His eyes bore into her. "That's another thing, if you're just going back to sort out financial matters, then surely to god you don't need three weeks to do it!'

She floundered, standing up suddenly. "Look Adam, I don't want to go but I have to, and that's an end to it!"

He rose to join her, incensed by her cavalier attitude. "That's not an end to it until I say it's an end to it!"

"You can't bloody well stop me from going!" she exclaimed in frustration.

An eerie silence followed as his face appeared to lose all expression. "I'm sorry Fay, but no boss in their right mind would let an employee leave for three weeks, at least not without a decent explanation."

"I have to go back Adam," she stressed in panic, nervous about the direction of the conversation. "I've told you why."

"Not good enough," he said, turning his back on her.

She sighed and looked to the sky, fighting back the tears that she could feel threatening.

"I have to go," she repeated. "If you can't keep the job open for me then I understand, but I have to go."

He swung around to face her then as he hadn't thought that she would go that far. "What, this thing you have to go back for is more important than your job?" he said in disbelief.

She covered her face with her hands, tormented by conflicting emotions and at a loss how to carry on the conversation.

He threw his arms in the air, suddenly tired of the pretence. "Forget the damn job, what about us?"

"Why does this have to affect us?" she asked, keeping her face covered.

He snatched her hands away. "Because you're lying to me...and damn it, because I don't want you to go!"

She pressed her lips together in a desperate attempt to stop herself from crying.

"Adam, I don't want to go," she said in a small voice.

"Then don't," he implored her, holding her face in his hands and placing his head next to hers. "Please Fay, stay here with me."

She stood there for a moment, taking comfort in his nearness. "I'm not going forever Adam, it's only three weeks."

He pulled back from her then with a hurt look. "You're going to go no matter what I say aren't you?"

"I have to," she nodded.

"Then at least tell me why," he said desperately.

She simply stared at him as they faced each other in a stalemate. The longer they stood there the angrier Adam became until he suddenly snapped and broke the tense silence.

"You know what I think? I think that you like to play games with people, that you're playing games with me now like you did with all those other men."

She looked at him incredulously. "Who are you to judge me? You know nothing about me! And you're making it sound as though I've slept with half the island!"

She scanned the floor then for her bikini wrap, picking it up and beginning to tie it around her waist ready to walk away. He reached across the gap and snatched the wrap off her.

"Preparing to run again? No Fay, I was suggesting quite the opposite. You tease men, lead them on and then drop them when you feel like it. I saw you do it with Tim on the second day we bloody well met!" he shouted.

She reached for the wrap in his hand but he held it away from her. "I only sent him that message to take my mind off being forced to spend time with you!" she shouted back.

"To hell with this! Go back to England then but you can forget about your job, and you can forget about us!" he roared, throwing the wrap in her face and striding back down the yacht.



© 2011 Repgreece


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Adam has a right to feel hurt because he was led on before. Why can't Faye see that he really does love her? :/ i think she's leaving because she's scared abouyt how close she's getting to adam.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

558 Views
1 Review
Added on June 5, 2011
Last Updated on June 5, 2011

Welcome To Crete