Welcome To Crete Chapter 64

Welcome To Crete Chapter 64

A Chapter by Repgreece
"

Adam is not himself

"

That night Adam spent most of the time dazed and confused with a searing pain in his head. He was woken every three hours for checks by the nurses which made him angry and agitated until he insisted on checking out of the hospital early the next morning with instructions to rest and eat light foods. This left Fay concerned and annoyed with herself for missing him when she went to visit him the next morning and found that he was no longer there. She went straight back to her car and drove to Adam's house where she rang the bell continually for ten minutes before he answered it.

"What took you so long?" she frowned, searching his face inquisitively. "I came to see you at the hospital but the nurse said that you'd checked out early. Why?"

He turned away from the door, leaving it open for her and heading for the sofa where he slumped back down into the soft cushions.

"I couldn't stand it in there anymore. I'm fine anyway, I'm just tired," he said, picking up the TV remote and flicking through the channels.

She sat next to him and watched him for a while in silence and he turned when he felt her eyes on him.

"I made a huge mistake yesterday and it could have cost you your life," he said abruptly and without warning.

"What are you talking about? It wasn't in your control what happened for god sake," she answered. "Who cares now anyway, we got out and all I want is for you to be better."

"I told you, there's nothing wrong with me," he snapped, turning back to the television.

"Well excuse me," she began, frustrated by his attitude, "I only came by to see how you were, to pick you up from the hospital because I was concerned about you but if I'm in you're way then I'll go now shall I?"

"Go ahead," he said casually.

She hesitated then, frowning at him as he ignored her presence and stared at the television set.

"What's wrong with you? I know you've had concussion and everything but I came here because I care about you Adam and you're worrying me," she appealed to him.

"You did a stupid thing Fay. I may have been concust but you could have got away. There was a way out of the fire so why the hell didn't you just get out?" he growled.

She stared at him in disbelief at what he was saying. "Because I didn't want to leave you there!"

"Well what good did it do? I was dead there anyway because I bloody well fell didn't I? But you could have got away!"

"Who's to say I would have got away," she said dismissively, "anyway, why are we arguing about this? We are both okay now so what's the problem?"

He turned back to her then angrily. "The problem is that the more you are with me the more you are in danger. And since you seem to have no understanding of how much danger you are in, it's obviously upto me to do something about it!"

She looked at him suspiciously. "What exactly do you mean by that? Don't patronise me Adam, I'm not a child and I got on very well on my own before I met you thank you very much!"

"Maybe you did but you didn't have to face a whole bloody army of people who are out for our blood! I don't think I can do this anymore Fay. I've never given up on anything before but god damn it if you end up dead because I came out here to make a few bucks I'll never live with myself!" he said with conviction.

So what was he suggesting then?

"You're not thinking straight," she came back nervously. "Just rest today and I'll sort out things in the office. Where's the key?"

"There's not a chance of me giving you the key, you're not getting involved anymore," he said firmly.

"Don't be ridiculous, there are things to sort out. Just give me the key and I'll sort them," she reasoned.

"You're not listening to me Fay. As far as I'm concerned you're not involved in this anymore!"

She glared at him. "I am involved Adam because I work for you and I'm not giving in that easily."

"You have no choice, I'm your boss remember?"

Her eyes widened in disbelief. "What are you saying? You can't just get rid of me, there are laws about that you know."

He laughed bitterly. "Yes but you left for three unauthorized weeks. That is grounds in itself for dismissal." He held her gaze challengingly.


"I can't talk to you when you're like this," she said, heading for the door.

"That's right. I might have known you'd leave at the mention of that. Still not willing to share that with me eh? That's why we will never work! And me being here is a mistake," he shouted after her, "so I'm going to fix that mistake once and for all!"



© 2011 Repgreece


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I bet this is hurting him,but he cares about her more than anything else...Faye needs to tell him what's up and soon!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

468 Views
1 Review
Added on June 14, 2011
Last Updated on June 14, 2011

Welcome To Crete