Wit & Wisdom - October 13th 2014

Wit & Wisdom - October 13th 2014

A Chapter by dw817
"

BENEFITS OF HONEY (more)

"

Press CTRL = (equals) to increase the page size and CTRL - (minus) to decrease the page size

  W&W October 13th 2014  

  

Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country after going
HERE

[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT SET ]


BENEFITS OF HONEY


1. Acne. Honey's anti-bacterial properties make it an excellent cleanser for acne. Apply some raw honey to the affected area and rinse off after 10-15 minutes.

2. Scars. Honey has a bleaching effect so regular use of honey on the affected area can dramatically fade old scars.

3. Honey is very soothing, hydrating, and moisturizing. Use raw honey as a facial mask or use it in any DIY facial mask recipes to reap its benefits.

4. Hair conditioner. Honey's moisturizing and softening properties make it a wonderful hair conditioner. It also gives shine to dull hair. Mix 1 tbsp. raw honey with 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil and use your hands to evenly disperse the mixture throughout your hair. Rinse off after 20-30 minutes.

5. Hair lightener. Honey has a natural bleaching effect and this makes it an effective hair lightener. Mix 1 tbsp. raw honey with 6 tbsp. distilled water and apply it to your hair. Rinse off after 1 hour. Do this weekly for better results. You can add 1 tbsp. cinnamon powder if you are looking for a dramatic result.

6. Hair removal. Honey when combined with lemon juice and sugar helps remove excess body hair. Mix 1 tbsp. raw honey with 3 tbsp. brown sugar and 1 tbsp. lemon juice. Boil the mixture in the microwave (or on the stove) until it bubbles and turns brown. Let it cool.


With the help of a Popsicle stick, apply to your skin. Put a cotton strip over the area where the mixture was applied and rub it until you feel it warm as the mixture sticks to the hair. Gently pull the cotton against the direction of hair growth.

7. Anti-aging. Honey is rich in antioxidants so a tbsp. of honey a day keeps free radicals at bay. Delay the aging process by making honey a part of your healthy diet. You can also smear some honey on your face to get rid of wrinkles and other signs of aging.

8. Lip scrub. Honey makes a wonderful lib scrub. So if you want soft and smooth lips, mix 1 tbsp. raw honey with 1 tbsp. brown sugar and a few drops of lemon juice and apply to your lips. Gently exfoliate after 5-minutes.

9. Nail conditioner. Honey strengthens your nails and softens your cuticles. Mix 1 tbsp. fo raw honey with 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar and apply to your nails and cuticles. Rinse off after 10-minutes.

10. Honey prevents bumps and boils caused by shaving. Apply some raw honey immediately after shaving and rinse off after 10-15 minutes.

11. Dark circles. Honey fades dark circles when applied topically. Take 1 tbsp. of raw honey and apply it to the affected area. Rinse off after 20-minutes. Do this twice a week until your dark circles fade. You can also mix equal parts honey and sweet almond oil.


Apply to the affected area and rinse off after 10-15 minutes for better results.

12. Eczema. Honey's anti-inflammatory properties help calm eczema, rosacea, and psoriasis prone skin. Apply some raw honey to the affected area and rinse off after 20-minutes. Manuka honey works better than any other type of honey for chronic skin conditions.

02. Today's kids will never know the feeling of slamming a phone down after an argument, now all you can do is mash the disconnect button in an angry rage.


03. Sweetie, if you're going to be two-faced about this, at least make one of them pretty.


04. Sign in grocery produce, "I love you from my head tomatoes."


05. Saturdays are for adventure; Sundays are for cuddling.


06. School: 2+2=4. Homework: 2+4+2=8. Exam: Omar has 4 apples, his train is 7 minutes early, calculate the mass of the sun.


07. How to find the name of a song. Type all the words you know in Google and hope for the best.


08. Actually, I can.


09. It's all fun and games until - your jeans don't fit anymore.


10. Thumper says, "If you can't say nuffin' nice, don't say nuffin' at all."


11. This is my cup of care. Oh look, it's empty.


12. I'm a multi-tasking procrastinator. I can put off all kinds of things at once.


13. It's 11pm. Hmm ... I think I might go to bed early tonight. 3am.


14. It's not procrastinating if you're drinking coffee. That's, "procaffeinating."


15. If you need a shoulder to cry on, pull off to the side of the road.


16. Personally I feel like Romeo and Juliet could have handled their situation better.


17. Be gentle with yourself, you're doing the best you can.


18. People who insult others have some type of insecurity or underlying jealousy issues. So I hope that you can focus on the REAL issue, YOU. Rather than me. But I'm flattered my name graces your conversation so often.


19. Sometimes, not saying any thing =IS= the best answer. You see, silence can never be misquoted.


20. On your mark, get set, now go away.


21. Beautiful minds inspire others.


22. Only kids count sheep to fall asleep. Count your debts, your mistakes, your heartaches, and cry yourself to sleep like an adult.


23. I need something that's more than coffee but less than cocaine.


24. Stay true to yourself because there are very few people who will always be true to you.


25. The cold never bothered me anyways.



26. I think a lot of people don't understand what real romance is. Anyone can buy flowers, candy, and jewelry; there's no love in that.

The truly romantic things in life are those little things you do every day to show you care, and that you're thinking of them. it's going out of your way to make them happy. The way you hold their hand when you know they are scared, or you save the last piece of cake for them.

The random text in the middle of the day, just to say, "I love you," or, "I miss you." The way they stop to kiss you when you pass by. It's dedicating your favorite song to them, and letting them eat your fries.

Telling them that they are beautiful, even when they have just climbed out of bed. It's putting your favorite show on pause so they can tell you about their day, and laughing and their joke, even the really lame ones.

It's slow dancing in the kitchen and kissing in the rain. Romance isn't about buying, it's about giving. True romance is in the gestures.


27. I'm not your average girl. I prefer things like mickey balloons, mouse ear hats, dole whips, and tea cup spins. For me, jewelry will not do.


28. Don't let your printer know you are in a hurry. They smell fear ...


29. I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.


30. When your parents say "no" to something you were excited about.


31. I am the daughter of a King who forgot my name.

32. And your coffee mug reads, "No seriously, leave me alone."


33. That awkward moment when you realize you just spent half the movie trying to figure out where you have seen that actor before.


34. Give yourself an A for average.


35. "Love is a song that never ends" - Bambi.


36. Keep calm - and adjust your tiara.


37. I love rainy days with a blanket, a cup of tea, and a book.


38. "Trust me, you can dance."


39. Men look at a woman's behind and think, "Wow, what an a*s." Women look at a man's face and think the same thing.


40. This Boss's Day, I would like to say thank you for the job that gives me health insurance that covers my anxiety medication that I need to take because of this job.


41. One does not simply find a light switch - not without seductively stroking the wall for about 10-minutes.


42. This Summer I certainly wasn't, "bikini ready," but I'm happy to report this Fall my body is totally, "Poncho ready !"


43. That moment when you witness - Karma in it's full glorious splendor.


44. I wonder if girls look at me and think, "I wish I was as pretty as her," because that's what I think when I look at everyone else.


45. So wake me up when it's all over. When I'm wiser and I'm older. All this time I was finding myself and didn't know I was lost.

46. Know when to give up and just have a Margarita.


47. Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.


48. Be the kind of person that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says, "Oh crap, she's up."


49. I can be social. Today I meowed at my cat and he meowed back.


50. Finds a random corpse in the woods. Kisses it. Sleeping Beauty.




Which of these can you relate to ?

See you next time with 50 more ...

Return back HOME


  You are Earth Visitor #   




© 2014 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Wit & Wisdom


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing