Wit & Wisdom - January 5th 2015

Wit & Wisdom - January 5th 2015

A Chapter by dw817
"

The loneliest people are the kindest. The saddest people smile the brightest. The most damaged people are the wisest. All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do.

"

Press CTRL = (equals) to increase the page size and CTRL - (minus) to decrease the page size

  W&W January 5th 2015  

  

Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country after going
HERE

[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT SET ]



01.
The loneliest people are the kindest.
The saddest people smile the brightest.
The most damaged people are the wisest.
All because they do not wish to see anyone else suffer the way they do.


02. Have you ever listened to someone for a-while and wondered ... "Who ties your shoelaces for you ?"


03. Let them miss you. Sometimes when you're always available, they take you for granted because they think you'll always stay.


04. Dear Mom, How can you hear me mumble under my breath but you can't hear me say, "What !?" multiple times when you scream my name ?


05. And the construction worker with the jackhammer outside says, "Oh, you're sleeping ? Let me play you the song of my people."


06. Calories: Tiny creatures that live in your closet and sew your clothes a little bit tighter each night.


07. Has anyone ever actually gotten salmonella from eating raw cookie dough or are people just trying to stop me from living my life ?


08. Oh, I see how it is. Bears can hibernate and it's "natural" but when I do it, it's "creepy" and "antisocial."


09. Our house is lived in, it is not for show. If you don't like the mess - you know where to go.


10. Tuesday is just Monday's ugly sister.


11.

We're all in the same game; just different levels.

Dealing with same hell; just different devils.


12. There are no limits to what you can accomplish when you are supposed to be doing something else.


13. No coffee ... no workee ...


14. She was Hannah Montana when Bush was President. Thanks Obama.


15. It all begins and ends with your mind. What you give power to has power over you, if you allow it.


16. Let me tell you something, she's crazy.  And just when you think you've reached the bottom of her craziness, there's this crazy underground garage ...


17. Exercising would be so much more rewarding if the calories screamed while you burned them.


18. Let's play, "How drunk can I get at a family party without them knowing."


19. Book authors are my rock stars.


20. You can't spell "studying" without "dying."


21. You're my d̶e̶s̶t̶i̶n̶y̶  density.


22. Let's play a game called, "how far I can lean off the bed to grab something before I fall."


23. All I know is one of us is right and the other one is you.


24. And the smart teacher hands out pencils labeled, "I ♥ Justin Bieber" to those who forgot to bring their own for today's test to ensure she gets them all back.


25. I don't think I could ever stab someone. I have enough trouble getting the straw into my Capri Sun.



26.
I
like cancelled plans and empty bookstores.
I like rainy days and thunderstorms.
Also quiet coffee shops.
I like messy beds and over-worn pajamas.
Most of all, I like the small joys that a simple life brings.


27. I love you more today than yesterday - because yesterday you really pissed me off.

28.
The future is scary, but you can't just run back to the past - even though it's comfortable and familiar. Yes, it's tempting, but it's a mistake. You have to look forward to move forward.


29.

Who are we ?
WOMEN !
What do we want ?
WE DON'T KNOW !
When do we want it ?
NOW !


30. Yahoo Mail, would you PLEASE quit with the animated snowflakes. My computer is having enough trouble loading messages without adding to the CPU as it is.


31. I want a BF. And by BF I mean a Benjamin Franklin, as in a 100 dollar bill. Thank you.


32. Whenever you do something stupid, just remember that Roman Emperor Caligula waged a war on Poseidon. He had his army march down to the beach and told them to start stabbing the water.


33. A ship in harbor is safe, granted. But that is not what ships are made for.


34. I'm sorry my OCD made decorating the Christmas Tree together an unpleasant experience.


35. When I was little I wanted to grow up to be a Disney Princess, but I'm pretty sure I just turned out to become another YZMA.


36. I have 3 sides. 1. The quiet side. 2. The fun and crazy side. 3 ... The side you never want to see.


37. Warning. My sense of humor may hurt your feelings. I suggest you get over it.


38. I don't always watch a movie based on a book I read. But when I do, I always point out everything that is different.


39. Some people look up to their heroes. Me ? I'm in love with mine.


40. Revenge is not in my plans. You'll screw yourself up on your own without me.


41. Mistakes men make, by TAIRY GREENE:
1. Doing things.
2. Not doing things.
3. Thinking about doing things.
4. Not thinking about doing things.

42. Tomorrow (noun): A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation, and achievement are stored.


43. I'm taking care of my procrastination issues: just you wait and see.


44. I need a cellphone with 500% battery life.


45. Why do movies show "nerdy girls" as carrying a billion books, and then portray them as physically weak ? If a girl can carry the entire Harry Potter series, the LOTR trilogy, and all of her textbooks, then she can probably lift the protagonist Football Star and throw him across the field.

46. AD/HD. Highway to - HEY LOOK, A SQUIRREL !


47. I don't mind coming to work, but that 8-hours of trying to look busy is a real pain in the butt.


48. Marie Curie's notebooks from the late 19th century are still too radioactive to be handled.


49. Train your mind to see the GOOD in everything.


50.

Wait for the person who pursues you, the one will make an ordinary moment seem magical.


The kind of person who brings out the best in you and makes you want to be a better person for it.


Wait for the person who will be your best friend, the only person who will drop everything to be with you at any time, no matter what the circumstances.





Which of these can you relate to ?

See you next time with 50 more ...

Return back HOME


  You are Earth Visitor #   




© 2015 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

7, 8 and 20 are great. This date '5th January' was actually my birthday. Wish I'd seen these then.
By the way, I don't suppose you'd be in the habit of watching Fairytail would you?
Thought I recognised the blue-haired girl up there.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

9 Years Ago

[7] I had heard so many bad things about eating raw cookie dough that I don't attempt it.
[8].. read more
Wolven

9 Years Ago

Okay dude. I'm getting you into it. I was absolutely captivated by the soundtrack, and then with som.. read more
dw817

9 Years Ago

OK, I watched it. It's cute - just - not quite enough to whet my appetite. Thanks for the info thoug.. read more
42. Tomorrow (noun): A mystical land where 99% of all human productivity, motivation, and achievement are stored.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

dw817

9 Years Ago

It does seem the human spirit is prone to procrastination, doesn't it Avinash ? :)
I have 2 fa.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Wit & Wisdom


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..