Part 1, Chapter 5

Part 1, Chapter 5

A Chapter by Lyra
"

Let’s meet the bad guys!

"

Ch 5


Jiangou, the Lord of Storms, watched his wife dance for him. Namu was the third and only surviving daughter of the Master of the Red Desert, the Lord of Fire and her dance always held the fluid grace of the flames she controlled. She had captivated him at first sight and he had indulged her to the fullest to ensure her hand in marriage. As the dance ended she glided forward, draping herself across his lap.


“Husband,” she purred in his ear, “Have I pleased you?”


“You always please me, wife,” he replied, wrapping an arm around her waist. “What do you want this time? More night pearls? Wine made from the immortal peaches? Name it...”


She smiled and trailed her fingers down his chest. “Oh this time I think I want more than that.” She moved her fingers from his chest to her belly. “This time I think your son deserves an Empire.”


Jiangou’s eyes widened in alarm and he sat up abruptly, careful to keep her from sliding or being jostled as he stared at her stomach. “You’re pregnant?” He asked in a choked voice.


She laughed, “What did you think would happen?”


“I...”


“Come now, dear, you know your mother always meant for you to rule. She and I have discussed it at great length.”


Jiangou was silent. He always knew his mother had plans for him. She was a princess in her own right, taken as a concubine to ensure peace, but she had never intended to stay just a pawn in her father’s and then her husband’s power struggles. Jiangou had always known that one day she would kill his brother, which was why he had never allowed himself to get too close to his older sibling.


“The time is now, my love,” his wife whispered. “You are married and awaiting your child. He is still alone with no strong allies and with the troubles we have stirred up on the borders. It will be easy...” She pressed against him as she spoke the soft silk of her skin against him weakening his resolve. 


“Yes,” he said, “but we mustn’t kill him. He may have few allies among the strongest noble tribes, but they are fiercely loyal and the treaty with the King of the Demons is based on his name. We couldn’t win a war between the realms after being weakened by civil war. There is also my youngest uncle who would be a strong contender for the throne if we were to rebel outright. No, I have a better plan.”



© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on May 26, 2023
Last Updated on August 21, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, romance, adventure, light novel

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra