Part 4, Chapter 7

Part 4, Chapter 7

A Chapter by Lyra
"

The sea witch really knows how to ruin a good war.

"

Ch 7


The Merfolk retreated in a more organized manner after their initial rout, but were still herded back towards the Western Sea. The King of the Merfolk tried strategy after strategy, only to be met with the wall of power that was the united front of the High Gods. Eventually the Army of the Merfolk made their last stand on the sandy beaches that at the boarder of the Western Sea. The two armies massed for their final confrontation a single figure emerged from the waves.


She was beyond beautiful, tall and willowy with a slender almost girlish figure. Her long black hair reached almost to her toes and rippled with silver highlights, like moonlight on the ocean. When she came closer her delicate features became clear, large canted eyes over arched by thin brows, a high thin nose, wide high cheek bones, and a mouth that was slightly too wide and the soft peach color of the inside of a shell. Her skin… her skin was pale, luminous, and a very light blue green in color. Jianyu felt an odd sense of familiarity when he looked at her.


“Sea Witch,” the voice of the King of the Merfolk rang out, have accusatory, half worshipful as the woman continued her slow, steady pace. “Have you come to aid us against the man who stole your daughter?”


The tide surged up behind her in a great wave, stopping just before it crested. She continued to move forward and the tsunami crept along behind like an angry attack dog on a short, but fragile leash.


“Where is my child?” The question rolled quietly across both armies and every person present flinched at the madness in the sound.


“I told you,” the King of the Merfolk replied, his voice less steady than it had been before, “The Emperor took her so he could use you against me.”


Jianyu hesitated, he had guessed at some of this story based on his interaction with the Sea Witch at the palace and what Xun had told him. He still hadn’t pieced together enough to know the full answer though.


“I never had your daughter,” he said slowly, “But I think the King of the Merfolk might have killed her.”


Rage visibly swept over the Sea Witch, her hair flew out and the tsunami behind her began to crash onto both armies.


“She’s not dead!” Jiangou screamed, “I don’t know where she is, but she’s not dead!”


The Sea Witch screamed. “YOU WILL TELL ME THE TRUTH!” Behind her the tidal wave began to spin, picking up speed until it towered above them, a giant sea spout made of water, pain, and loss. Jiangou fled, his terror drIving him deep into the center of the High Gods. The sea spout pursued, moved swiftly over the water and snatched up the King of the Merfolk and the Emperor before the force of the High Gods sent it retreating back into the ocean along with the woman who had summoned it.


The two armies stared at each other in horror, neither side knowing what to do next.



© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on August 23, 2023
Last Updated on August 23, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, romance, adventure, light novel

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra