Part 3, Chapter 28

Part 3, Chapter 28

A Chapter by Lyra
"

The God of War doing his part

"

Ch 28


The God of War set his map down on the table.


“How many more nests did you find?”


“Thirty seven,” the scout said, looking at the map he began to mark the newest locations.


The God of a war and his reinforcements had been able to break through the long, curving arm of Red Desert that had surrounded the Heavenly Army and drive out a good portion of the tribes that had been invading. Working with the extra troops he had managed to return many of the refugees that had been driven out of their homes, stabilizing the area and keeping the Red Desert Tribes from establishing large pockets where their soldiers could hide. He hadn’t been able to drive the tribes back to their original boundaries though. Every time he managed to break up an area the survivors created smaller, more spread out pockets of Red Desert from which they launched guerrilla attacks, deserting them and creating new ones as the need arose.


The pockets were almost impossible to detect unless someone rode into them and almost half of the God of War’s troops were riding scout now, trying to keep the pockets from spreading. None of the actions the God of War tried to take seemed to be effective. Never the less, he fought on. As long as he kept the tribes busy and scattered they couldn’t mobilize to reinforce the King of the Merfolk at the Palace and Jianyu still had a chance.



© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on August 7, 2023
Last Updated on August 7, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, romance, adventure

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra