Part 2, Chapter 9

Part 2, Chapter 9

A Chapter by Lyra
"

How quickly the worm turns

"

Ch 9


“Where have you been?” Madam Lai growled at her daughter, taking her ear between thumb and forefinger.


“Ow. Ow. Owowowowow!” Xun wrenched her head free of her mother’s grip. “I told you! I was looking around and fell asleep in one of the guest rooms! Leng Zai found me this morning after I didn’t show up.”


“And just why was he looking for you?”


Xun refused to meet her mother’s eyes. “You know how Leng Zai is...”


“About Leng Zai,” her mother started before being cut off.


“Mistress Lai, the porters brought fish instead of beef! We don’t have the ingredients for the Dowager Empress’s favorite fish dish!”


“Coming,” Mistress Lai replied before turning back to her daughter, “We are not done discussing this!”


Xun bowed, “Yes, Mother.”


“So Leng Zai talks now?” Xiaomin said from behind her. 


Xun jumped, “Ah! Hello Xiaomin, and yes he talks now.”


Xun and Xiaomin glanced over at where Leng Zai was smiling at a pretty dish maid while bringing over more firewood.


Xiaomin’s eyebrows raised. “And flirts it seems.”


Xun goggled. Leng Zai, who after being mocked, teased, and abused by the entire kitchen staff was now laughing and joking with them. If she hadn’t seen it for herself she wouldn’t have even recognized the handsome, smiling figure.


“Come on, Xiaomin. We have work to do,” Xun said.


Xiaomin hesitated, but eventually followed Xun to prepare the ingredients needed for the midday meal.



© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on June 5, 2023
Last Updated on June 5, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, romance, adventure

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra