Part 2, Chapter 24

Part 2, Chapter 24

A Chapter by Lyra
"

The Empoeror’s wife

"

Ch 24


The Emperor entered his wife’s room without fanfare. She sat at her dressing table, brushing her long flowing hair. Every time she finished a stroke sparks flew from the tips of the comb she used. Her protruding belly bumped lightly against the edge of the table. To Jiangou she was still the most beautiful person he had ever seen. 


“Wife,” he called softly.


Namu turned, ever graceful, and smiled at him. “Husband,” she replied, reaching her arms towards him. He leaned forward and embraced her.


Jiangou released her reluctantly. “I am leading the palace garrison to put down the rebellion. Are your father’s troops in position?”


“Of course, my love,” Namu said, turning back to her dressing table and smiling at him in the mirror. “You’ve summoned the troops from the border as well, haven’t you?”


Jiangou took the brush from her and began running it through her hair, “Of course, although…”


Namu looked at him sharply, but waited.


“I have yet to hear anything of the troop moments,” he said calmingly. “I am sure they are just delayed.”


Namu’s expression turned thoughtful. “I’m sure you’re right,” she said and ran her hands over her swollen abdomen.


After her husband had left Namu summoned her father’s spy. He was average in every way except one, his memory was perfect. He could no more forget what he had seen than forget how to breath. He had started out as mortal and been raised up by her father to ensure perfect loyalty, Namu smiled at him and he bowed. “Lady?”


“All contact has been intercepted between my husband and the Heavenly Army.”


“As you commanded.”


“Send a false reply to the Emperor. Inform him that the troops are moving and will meet him near the south east border. He hasn’t sent scouts of his own, has he?”


“No, my lady.”


Namu’s face twisted in contempt. “They had the same father and the same tutors. Why did Jiangou end up so useless?”


The spy’s face showed nothing but confusion. “The same father, my Lady? The Emperor is an only child. The Dowager Empress never had a son.”


Namu purred, “Of course you’re right,” she said, her brush strokes slowing as she calmed. “The Old Emperor only had one son. I must have been thinking of something else.”



© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on June 19, 2023
Last Updated on June 19, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, romance, adventure

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra