Part 2, Chapter 30

Part 2, Chapter 30

A Chapter by Lyra
"

Being kidnapped isn’t so bad

"

Ch 30


Xun woke up in an unexpectedly comfortable bed in a light, airy room. Swinging her legs over the side she stood and stretched before looking around.


“You’re awake, my little bird,” said a deep, rough voice from the far side of the room. A handsome man with a thin scar along his left cheek was leaning against the door frame. His elaborate armor and the power radiating from him marked him as a high god.


Xun wanted to yell at him, demand he tell her who he was, where she was, and to let her go right now, but all that came out was a awkward squeak. She dropped her gaze to her toes, furious, but unable to say a single word.


“Still can’t talk to me?” He teased gently. 


Still? She thought. She had never met this man before in her life. And how would he know about her inability to speak with the high gods? She had never told anyone about what had happened with the King of the Merpeople. She closed her eyes and tried desperately to control her breathing. In. Out. In. Out. When she opened her eyes again the man was gone.


Shortly after her visitor left a servant arrived with food and a letter. Opening it Xun read:


Little Bird,


I’m sorry I frightened you. I was shocked to see you here and I forgot myself for a time. I hope you can forgive my lapse. I also hope you can tell me what you are doing so far from the palace. 


The message was unsigned, but there was only one person it could be from. 


Looking back at the tray Xun noticed writing utensils had been laid out neatly under the letter. Xun ate. Then she sat and thought for a long time. It wasn’t until the light filtering through the window had changed to the mellow gold of late afternoon that she finally added water to the ink stone and began grinding the ink. Preparations made she took a deep breath and began to write a response.



© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on June 24, 2023
Last Updated on June 24, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, adventure, romance

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra