Part 3, Chapter 10

Part 3, Chapter 10

A Chapter by Lyra
"

Antidote

"

Ch 10



The concoction Renping made was laughably simple. Everything in it was a common kitchen ingredient. When she was done she placed the medicine bowl on a tray and started back to Xun and Jianyu’s room.


“That’s it?” Xun asked, “Really?”


“I told you it was a weird poison, but no. After this there are a few spells I’ll need to do. This is just to nullify the reaction to magic.”


Renping sat on the bed and treated the Lord of Storms. It took surprisingly little time. Xun sat on the floor with Jianyu’s head in her lap. The Emperor had slept through being moved to the floor, but had protested when Xun had tried to move back to the bed.


“Done,” Renping yawned as they tucked the two brothers back into bed, “It will be a while until the Lord of Storms wakes up though. It is a very nasty poison. I’m going back to bed, I’ll come here as soon as I wake up.”


“Where am I supposed to sleep?” Xun asked plaintively. 


Renping yawned again. “Not really my problem.”


“Renping,” Xun whined. It was good to have something so insignificant to complain about.


Renping rummaged around in the storage chest before pulling out a set of bedding and rolling it out on the floor next to the bed. “You can’t come to my room. Someone has to be here when they wake up to keep them from killing each other.”


Xun looked pitifully at the bed on the floor, but the look was wasted. Renping had already left. 



© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on July 20, 2023
Last Updated on July 20, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, romance, adventure

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra