Part 3, Chapter 4

Part 3, Chapter 4

A Chapter by Lyra
"

Renping

"

Ch 4


“Emperor,” Renping said, starting to kneel.


“Rise, there is no need for formality here,” Jianyu said. “I just want to ask you some questions.”


“Of course, Emperor.”


Jianyu sighed, “Is this the same girl who chased me with a frying pan because I sliced the onions the wrong way?”


Renping huffed, “You were only supposed to slice them, not dice them so fine they became mush.”


“I was talking to Ban Heng at the time about his girl troubles and lost track of what I was doing…” he said, trailing off with a grin as she glared at him.


“You were talking to him about me!”


“You are a troubling girl.”


Renping glared at him and Jianyu laughed, “That’s what I was looking for.”


Renping rolled her eyes. “Fine, Leng Zai.”


Jianyu’s smile slowly faded. “Renping, what do you know about the King of the Merfolk?”


Renping’s expression clouded. “I think I knew him. A long time ago, but… it feels… blurry.”


Jianyu looked at her and nodded, as if he knew exactly what feeling she was trying to describe. “Like something is missing and you almost remember?”


“Yes,” Renping said hesitantly.


Jianyu reached out, placing the tips of his fingers near, but not touching her temples and closed his eyes, concentrating. “When do your memories start from?” He asked gently.


Renping thought for a long time. “After I came to the palace,” she replied. “Before that…” she looked scared. 


“It’s like a wall,” Jianyu said, withdrawing his hands, a concerned look on his face. “I think I have an idea of what happened to you. It would have been easy to do on a child, but where did they get the power to work a spell like that on me?”


“I don’t understand,” Renping said.


“The reason you can’t remember your past is the same reason I couldn’t remember mine.”


“Someone put a spell on me,” Renping said indignantly.


Jianyu chuckled a little. “Yes, Renping. I think it was the same people who attacked me. When I saw you after I was fully restored I thought I recognized the spell on you.”


“Then I feel reassured, your Majesty. You surely won’t let them escape justice.”


“No,” Jianyu said, “I won’t.”



© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on July 14, 2023
Last Updated on July 14, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, adventure, fantasy, romance

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra