Part 2, Chapter 5

Part 2, Chapter 5

A Chapter by Lyra
"

Ghosts are scary

"

Ch 5


Someone had been moving things. Xun had gone back to the guest palace where she had woken up several times since that odd morning. She couldn’t have put into words what drew her there, but she felt that something was missing and maybe if she spent enough time in that place she would know what it was. 


This time the ink stone and paper that she had carefully put away last time was back on the desk. In the corner of the paper someone had draw the picture of a small bird. She stroked it lightly with her fingers. Little bird. That was familiar somehow. Xun folded up the paper and carefully vanished it before putting away the rest of the things on the desk. 


Xun talked to herself quietly as she drifted around the room. Several other things had been moved, a robe was on the bed when it should have been in the closet and a bonsai tree had been moved where it would better catch the light. One of the maids could have been responsible she supposed, but there was a layer of dust on almost everything that made her doubt it.


“What is going on here?” She asked the empty space.


“No idea,” a voice replied from out of the air.


Xun jumped, startled. She looked around the room, but no one was there. “Hello?” She called, but this time there was no answer. Odd, she thought to herself and walked around the room again. When she glanced at the desk the paper and ink had been laid out again.


“Ghost!” Xun yelped and started to run for the door. In her panic she tripped over a footstool that was not where she had left it and banged her head on the desk.



© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on June 1, 2023
Last Updated on June 1, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, romance, adventure

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra