Part 4, Chapter 2

Part 4, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra
"

The little princess

"

Ch 2


The Dowager Empress looked down at the crying baby with a look of disdain bordering on disgust.


“Take it away,” she said.


Xidi stepped forward. “My Lady, the child is born of your husband’s bloodline, she should be in your keeping.”


The Dowager Empress sneered. “She’s your niece. You should take her,” she said.


A murmur ran through the goddesses and maids who had come to see what would happen to the second prince’s daughter now that her mother and grandmother were dead. 


“I would, my Lady, but the army barracks are no place for a child. Especially not such a young baby. Let her stay with you until the Emperor returns at least.”


The Dowager Empress looked down at the child frowning. Eventually she nodded slowly. “Fine. I will keep her until my son returns and makes a decision.


“Thank you,” Xidi said, bowing formally.


Xun, Xiaomin, and Shun were standing at the back of the crowd. As the Dowager Empress strutted away Xun turned to her friends.


“Shun, can you get assigned to care for the baby? I’m not sure if there is much we can do, but we can at least try to keep the child safe until her father comes home.”


Shun nodded and gave a wry little smile, “It shouldn’t be too hard, I don’t think that is going to be a popular job and the God of Medicine has always been kind to me. I think he will approve of my going to watch over the little princess.”


Xiaomin hugged her lover around the shoulders, “If you need help, call me. Xidi has agreed to let me train with his guards, but I will always come for you even if I have to break ranks.”


Shun kissed her and Xun looked away, feeling Leng Zai’s absence acutely. When they had finished Xun said, “You can trust Uncle Xidi if you need help. He’s always taken good care of our family and I’m sure he will be watching over the little princess too.”


“Ahem,” said a prim voice from behind them. “The Dowager Empress wishes to speak to Lady Xun.”


Xun nodded and started to leave, her two friends trailing behind her.


“Alone,” the maid said.


Shun looked worried, Xiaomin looked as if she were going to start a bar fight, but Xun just nodded. “I understand,” she said, stepping away from her friends and following the maid.



© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on August 18, 2023
Last Updated on August 18, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, adventure, romance

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra