Part 4, Chapter 32

Part 4, Chapter 32

A Chapter by Lyra
"

Different, but the same

"

Ch 32


Jianyu felt the breath go out of him. Children? He had children? Multiple?


“They’re twins,” Xun said, rushing on. “Chenhe and Chenyuan. I had them in the Mortal Realm not long after I left the Palace. Renping has been helping me raise them.”


“Chenhe and Chenyuan? My children? Why didn’t you bring them to the Palace?”


Xun looked away. “I was afraid. Your mother… I wasn’t sure what she would do if she knew you had children by me. I was afraid she would take them from me.”


He heart felt like someone had grabbed it and squeezed. Xun must have been terrified. No wonder she had stayed hidden. 


But the Xun in front of him now seemed different than the one he had said goodbye to before he went to fight. She seemed more confidant more settled. Of course she was different, he thought, she was a mother now. He touched her cheek and she leaned into it with a soft sigh. He smiled, but changed or not she was still his wife. He wondered if the children looked more like her or him.


“I want to meet them,” he said softly. “Soon.”


Her eyes fluttered open. “How quickly can you pack?”



© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on September 17, 2023
Last Updated on September 17, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, adventure, romance, light novel

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra