Part 2, Chapter 18

Part 2, Chapter 18

A Chapter by Lyra
"

The God of War and the Emperor’s memory

"

Ch 18


The God of War surveyed his troops. Each of them had been hand picked and trained by him to fight. They were good men and women and he knew without doubt that they would follow him. Dismissing them with a wave, the God of War returned to his study.


“The merfolk army has been gathering in the Western Sea since the disappearance of the Sea Witch. The Emperor has made no move against them or even raised the presence of our army in the Immortals territory. If the merfolk attack now it will be easy for them to overrun our people,” the informant made his report from the shadows at the back of Xia Lu’s tent. 


“And the Red Desert?” Xia Lu asked, steepling his fingers and closing his eyes. In his mind he called up a map of the realms and visualized the locations of the various troops. 


“Fire Lord Fa Mengyao is more subtle with his movements, but the nomads have been roaming closer and closer to the northern boarder. They have taken a few farmsteads, many of the men were killed or taken as slaves. The men that weren’t taken and the women and children were driven away from the land.  Again, the Emperor has done nothing.”


“What does the court say?”


“There have been formal complaints, but the Emperor has played the threats against each other, he claims that sending an army prematurely to either site he will leave his flank open.”


“At the moment neither enemy has the strength to overcome our army, but the longer we wait the more time they have to prepare. Did you relay my message to the generals.”


“Yes, my lord. They have agreed to follow your commands.”


The corners of Xia Lu’s mouth twitched into what was almost a smile for him. “Let the games begin,” he said. The shadow in the corner became slightly less solid and Xia Lu knew he was alone. He flattened his palms on the desk. He has been the Emperor and by Heaven and Earth he would be the Emperor again.



© 2023 Lyra


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Lyra
Sorry for this being late, I am traveling and the internet is spotty

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

39 Views
Added on June 15, 2023
Last Updated on June 15, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, adventure, romance

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra