Part 4, Chapter 36

Part 4, Chapter 36

A Chapter by Lyra
"

With everything settled and loose ends tied up.

"

Ch 36


The treaty talks were as long and boring as Beibei had predicted. They lasted almost eight months as Jianyu and Jingyi debated over the best solution. In the end no one was happy, but they had agreed on how to stop the fighting and help the war torn areas rebuild.


Xun and Jianyu stood on the porch of their cabin watching the moon rise. In the time they had been there together it had become almost a ritual between them to stand embracing each other and watching the silvery light coat the village in its glow.


“Finally,” Jianyu sighed, ”It’s finally over.”


Xun kissed his cheek. “Almost over,” she said, a smile in her voice. “I think it’s time we returned home. I don’t think Renping is willing to go back to see her mother unless she knows the twins and I are well looked after. She can be a little over protective.”


Jianyu looked down at her, “Are you sure? You know what that will entail don’t you.” 


Xun nodded. “I don’t know if I’m truly ready,” she said. “But I may never feel like I’m really ready. I do know that I don’t want to live without you any more. I want to be filial to my mother. I want the twins to know their family and their responsibility. I think it’s time.”


Jianyu wrapped his arms around her and held her tightly before releasing her. “I won’t let you regret it. Who will look after the village though? If you want to relocated everyone to the Heavenly Realm we can make  a place for them.”


“Some may go back,” Xun said, “but that has to be their decision. Shun, Xiaomin, BeiBei and the Fire Lord will stay and keep the village safe. We can always come back to visit.”


“The Fire Lord?” Jianyu asked, surprised, “Shouldn’t he be helping his own people rebuild?”


“No, he told Jingyi that the tribes needed a new start and it would be best if he were gone. Besides, someone other than Shun needs to stay to keep the village safe from wandering humans. And this is a good place to raise Beibei. I wouldn’t be surprised if your brother moved here to be with them too.”


Jianyu felt an unexpected pang of sadness at that thought, he was just getting to truly know his brother and he would miss the growing connection between them. He knew how much his brother loved his daughter though. It would be good for them to live in a quiet place together.


“What of Taiwu?” He asked.


“Taiwu goes where Jingyi goes, and Jingyi goes to the Desert Tribes. I have a feeling we will be seeing a lot of those two. Jingyi loves the twins like they were his own.”


“They aren’t his!?” Jianyu said teasingly.


“Taiwu would kill me.”


Jianyu laughed, “And Renping will go to her mother.”


“For a time. We should probably set up a suite for her in the Palace.”


Jianyu laughed again and the lovers walked inside, hand in hand.



© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

33 Views
Added on September 21, 2023
Last Updated on September 21, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, romance, adventure, light novel

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra