Part 2, Chapter 25

Part 2, Chapter 25

A Chapter by Lyra
"

You’re not going.

"

Ch 25


“Absolutely not,” Madam Lai said firmly. 


“Mother, please,” Xun begged. 


Madam Lai just stared at her daughter. 


“Why can’t we go with you?”


“Do I need to list the reasons? You cause trouble everywhere you go. I happen to recall the time you turn several mice loose in the bedroom of the Duke’s daughter.”


“She was rude. Besides, I never got caught.” Xun clamped her hands over her mouth.


“I knew it,” Madam Lai said triumphantly. “Besides do you think soldiers will be any politer?”


“Well, you expect soldiers to be rude,” Xun muttered under her breath. “At least take Leng Zai with you.”


Her mother sighed. “I’ve already sent Xiaomin to the Hall of Medicine, If I take anymore of the kitchen staff there will be no one to serve the Empress and  the other nobility. Zao Shen is already giving me grief about taking so many people as it is.”


“Leng Zai isn’t much good without supervision, and like you said it will be too busy for anyone to watch him properly, even I won’t have time,” Xun wheedled. 


“Fine. Renping and Leng Zai will be part of the traveling party. You will stay here and practice your kitchen skills.”


Xun looked down demurely, but said nothing.



© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on June 20, 2023
Last Updated on June 20, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, romance, adventure

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra