Part 4, Chapter 29

Part 4, Chapter 29

A Chapter by Lyra
"

Almost there

"

Ch 29


“Xun?” An incredulous voice said from the top of the camp’s lookout tower.


“Uncle!” Xun said, waving up to the figure of the God of War. 


He leapt down and swung her into his arms as if she were a child. “We missed you! My nephew hasn’t smiled since he discovered you were missing.”


Xun blushed. She still wasn’t sure what she was going to say to her husband. Leaving had seemed her only option at the time, but looking back it hadn’t been the most mature thing to do. She knew how mad she would have been if Renping or one of the others had run off without telling her, she could only imagine how Jianyu had felt when he had returned to find her gone.


“Uncle, we need to speak with you about the Red Desert Tribes. They want to talk peace.”


The God of War scowled. “Now that the Emperor is destroying them in hoards they want peace? How many of my good soldiers did they slaughter.”


Xun placed a hand on his arms, “Then let’s end this, Uncle, so no more good men need to die.”


“Let’s talk to the Emperor first,” he said noncommittally. 


Xun placed her hand on his arm, allowing him to escort her.



© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on September 14, 2023
Last Updated on September 14, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, adventure, romance, light novel

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra