Part 2, Chapter 31

Part 2, Chapter 31

A Chapter by Lyra
"

Not a born leader… or a made one really

"

Ch 31


The Emperor glared at his scout. “There has been no movement from the troops?” He asked darkly.


The scout saluted. “No, my Emperor. The troops are still and the desert tribes have increased their border raids. Our resources are becoming strained trying to take care of the refugees.”


Jiangou slammed his fist into the table. No wonder there had been no response from his messengers. They had never gotten through. He swore at himself. He knew he should have sent scouts sooner, but he had been so overwhelmed with court matters and attempting to cover the movements of the merpeople and and Lord of the Red Desert that he had never found the time. No wonder his brother had gone days or weeks without rest or food, but that had ever been Jiangou’s style. Now he wished… he didn’t know what he wished, he would change so much about his life.


“Fine,” he said curtly and dismissed the scout with a brief wave of his hand. He summoned his General.


“It will take time for the troops to arrive. My uncle will surely attack before they can arrive, it would be foolish for him to hold his attack.” Jiangou wanted to ask the general what to do. He wanted to just turn this whole situation over to the general and run back to the palace.


The general nodded gravely. “There is also the concern about the number of refugees flooding into the camp from the north.”


Refugees, Jiangou thought. Someone had just mentioned that to him. He had to do something about the refugees. He suddenly grinned. “Send them to my uncle,” he said. “Sorting them out should be the perfect distraction for him while we wait for reinforcements.”


The general clapped his hand to his heart, “As you command,” he replied. 


Jiangou dismissed him with a wave. Finally something was going right for him. He lay down on his bed, thinking of his beautiful Namu smiling at him appreciatively, and finally drifted off to sleep.



© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on June 25, 2023
Last Updated on June 25, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, adventure, romance

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra