Part 3, Chapter 35

Part 3, Chapter 35

A Chapter by Lyra
"

Game pieces in play

"

Ch 35


Jiangou and Renping sat in the general’s tent. Strong winds blew through the camp and the taut canvas fought to free itself from the stakes that held it rooted to the earth. Renping shuddered and Jiangou laid a hand on her forearm.


“You don’t have to do this,” he said. “You can leave now. I can send a small detachment with you and get you to the Palace before tomorrow morning. We aren’t that far.”


Renping shook her head. “Don’t be an idiot. You’d just muck it up if I left you alone. You’d probably run yourself and then why would the King of the Merpeople bother to attack. We have to be here, we’re the bait.”


The two were playing weichi. Jiangou was loosing, as always. Renping sighed. 


“I win. Again. I swear, Jiangou did you never pay attention in any of your strategy classes?”


Jiangou gave her a bitter smile, “Now you know why my mother was always disappointed in me.”


Renping immediately felt bad. Jiangou wasn’t really a bad person, she even liked him sometimes. He had a quick, self depreciating wit and was good at encouraging the people around him, but he was also lazy and had the analytical ability of a turnip. She could only hope that the Emperor had figured out their strategy and would come in time.



© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on August 14, 2023
Last Updated on August 14, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, adventure, romance

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5