Part 4, Chapter 11

Part 4, Chapter 11

A Chapter by Lyra
"

So what now?

"

Ch 11


Renping and Xun fell into the rhythm of caring for the twins faster than Xun would have expected. Xun spent most of her time with the babies while Renping did most of the house chores. The pharmacist they worked for sent runners several times a day to check on the little family.


“Renping,” Xun said one afternoon after laying Chenhe and Chenhuan down for their nap.


Renping entered the chamber bringing in fresh tea. “What is it Xun, are the twins fussing again?”


Xun shook her head, “Renping, we need to talk about what you are going to do now.”


Renping didn’t try to pretend she didn’t understand. “I’m going to stay here with you.”


“You should go speak with your mother. At least let her know you are still alive.”


Renping poured the tea, keeping her face serene. “I will go and speak to my mother when you are ready to tell Leng Zai that he’s a father.”


“You know I can’t do that,” Xun said, her eyes sliding away to look at the far wall. “We’ve talked about that for months.”


Renping sipped her tea. “I can’t leave you alone here, so we both go back or neither of us goes back.”


Xun sighed and nodded. “We can’t stay in the city for too long anyway, someone is bound to notice that the twins aren’t aging like they would if they were mortal.”


“Six months,” Renping said. “Give me six months to finish studying with the doctors here and for you to recover. Do you know where you want to go?”


“The mountains,” Xun replied immediately. The towns there are smaller and more isolated. It will be easier to disappear when we need to.”


Renping looked toward the sea with longing. She always knew where it was now, as if it called to her.


“Renping…” Xun started.


Renping cut her off. “No, Xun. We go together or not at all.”


Xun took her friend’s hand and smiled her agreement.




© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on August 27, 2023
Last Updated on August 27, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, romance, adventure, light novel

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra