Part 4, Chapter 8

Part 4, Chapter 8

A Chapter by Lyra
"

Because, of course

"

Ch 8


They had been traveling in the mortal realm for three weeks when Xun realized she was pregnant. 


“You’re what?! How did that… never mind… Xun, you have to tell the Emperor. He has every right to know that he’s going to be a father,” Renping said, holding Xun’s hands for comfort.


“Renping, if I go back what place will my child have? I’m not the Empress, our marriage hasn’t been announced or even accepted by his mother. Our baby will just become one more pawn in their power struggles, just like Jiangou’s little girl.”


Renping was frustrated, but knew better than to argue. “You should at least tell him,” she insisted.


Xun looked up at the blue, blue sky as if she could see all the way up to the Heavenly Realm. “I’ll send a message with my cousins’ men, will that satisfy you?”


Renping sighed, but nodded her agreement. It wasn’t the best solution, but it was probably the best compromise Xun would make.


Xun threw a bundle at Renping, “We should go now, there are still a few hours of dark and we can find somewhere to hide for a bit until my cousins stop looking for us.”


“What about the note for Leng Zai?” Renping asked, trying to keep her voice from being too accusatory. 


“I wrote that and left it in Yu’Bo’s satchel hours ago,” Xun replied, laughing. “Come on, let’s go!”


Renping followed her friend into the still dark morning, wondering what she should do next.



© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

36 Views
Added on August 24, 2023
Last Updated on August 24, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, romance, adventure, light novel

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra