Part 2, Chapter 44

Part 2, Chapter 44

A Chapter by Lyra
"

Weddings are always rushed before a war

"

Ch 44


Renping gaped at Xun. “You’re marrying him?”


Xun blushed.


“When?”


Xun blushed harder. “Today,” she squeaked, holding out the marriage contract for Renping to examine.


“You are both insane,” Renping said, opening the contract. The page, which was filled with romantic drivel as far as she was concerned, bore two thumbprints at the bottom. Xun had signed her name, but the space under the male’s thumbprint was blank. “He didn’t even sign it!”


Xun scowled, “I know, but he wants to wait until he remembers his real name. I can’t exactly argue with him.”


Renping rolled her eyes, “Shun will kill me if I let you go through with this.”


“It’s not Shun’s choice,” Xun retorted. “Renping, I love him. I know this is sudden, but the battle with the Emperor is coming. I want to marry him before he goes to fight.”


Renping looked at her with sympathy. “I think I understand, but I’m still not sure this is the right thing to do.”


Xun gave her a weak grin in reply. “I’m not completely sure either, but I’m still going to do it.”


“If that’s what you want,” Renping hugged her. “Let’s get you ready.”


The wedding was a small affair. Xun was amazed to see her mother, looking more than a little henpeck and overwhelmed, sitting in the place of honor at the front of the hall. The God of War had given one of his rare smiles as Leng Zai explained how they had sent a small team of soldiers to sneak in and bring her out of the Emperor’s camp.


“I thought she would be safer here as well,” Leng Zai told Xun after the ceremony.


Xun hugged him, tears in her eyes. Leng Zai returned her embrace and the two of them sank onto the bed to enjoy their wedding night.



© 2023 Lyra


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on July 8, 2023
Last Updated on July 8, 2023
Tags: Cdrama, fantasy, romance, adventure

The Shattered Emperor


Author

Lyra
Lyra

About
I am a mining engineer/geologist who writes fantasy and fiction for fun, so if you are looking for geologic details to add to your story I am always game. I mostly write fantasy and fiction becaus.. more..

Writing
Part 1, Chapter 1 Part 1, Chapter 1

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 2 Part 1, Chapter 2

A Chapter by Lyra


Part 1, Chapter 3 Part 1, Chapter 3

A Chapter by Lyra