FB3-49 "Now That's Puzzling"

FB3-49 "Now That's Puzzling"

A Chapter by dw817
"

"I'm going !" Lilly said suddenly, rising off of the bed. "Where are you - " Tyr asked, but was cut off suddenly when Lilly stepped right through the wall - right into the neighbor's home !

"

PRESS CTRL = (EQUALS) TO INCREASE THE PAGE SIZE AND CTRL 0 (ZERO) TO RESET THE PAGE SIZE

       
 


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE





F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 3rd Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© May 2018 Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 CHAPTER 49 - "Now That's Puzzling"
[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *


This chapter is Rated: TEEN


Tyr had just finished her 2nd dessert still staying overnight at Coraline (Lilly's home) when the pair went into Lilly's bedroom to do some talking.

They hadn't gotten very far when there was a thumping against the wall. It sounded like it was coming from the kitchen.

Now Tyr knew about this. It was either a very rude neighbor or something ... she never could really pin down what was happening. But it had been going on for years now.

Lilly immediately ran into the kitchen to comfort her Mother because this incessant noise had driven her to taking anti-psychotic medications as the doctor assured her it was all in her head.

But Lilly was there to console her. "It's not in your head, Momma, I hear it too !"

Coraline hugged her daughter. "That's very kind of you, dear. I know you're trying to help. But no, it's just in my head. That's what the doctor said, remember ? He said the best thing I could do is - is to call someone close to me, like my neighbor, to calm me down."

With that she picked up the phone and speed-dialed him. He was home. He spoke to her. The thumping continued and he spoke.

"Coraline, so good to hear from you again ! Oh ? You hear that noise again. No, I can't hear it at all. I tell you, I think it's because you stay cooped up in your apartment all day. I really think if you got outside more you wouldn't have this problem. And if you do, I want to be with you. I'll keep you safe, I promise."

But Lilly could hear it too despite what her Mother told her. She huddled up with Tyr for a second back in her bedroom and they both spoke.

Lilly started, "That b*****d neighbor is driving my Momma nuts with that noise !"

Tyr asked, "You're sure it's him ?"

"Yeah, I know it is. You know how I know why ?"

Tyr shook her head, "How can you be certain ?"

"Because anytime it happens, he's ALWAYS home. No matter what hour that stupid thumping on the wall starts up, morning, noon, or night, he's ALWAYS home to answer her call."

"What can we do ?" Tyr asked her.

Lilly moved her hand closer to Tyr's and the soft play of light revealed that Tyr still had some of the "juice" left over by Dev and the internal plugin, SIM.

"I know what to do, but I need you to help me."

Tyr nodded, "Let me know what I need to do."

"Give me some of that juice if you can, right up here." and she motioned to the top of her head.

Tyr nodded. Then she held her hand up. Then cupped the fingers together like she was carrying soft sand, then poured it directly on top of Lilly's head. In seconds Lilly's whole body put on an unearthly and lovely radiant light.

"I'm going !" Lilly said suddenly, rising off of the bed.

"Where are you - " Tyr asked, but was cut off suddenly when Lilly stepped right through the wall - right into the neighbor's home !

Tyr put her ear against the wall to listen.

At first it was quiet, then she head him yell, "You ! How the hell did you get in here !?"

Lilly looked around at the new surroundings. Oh, not only was he the one responsible for driving her Mother to insanity, he had carefully pasted time tables and numbers all over sections of the walls leading to his Mom's apartment. Clear proof and evidence that he really was the one responsible for all the noise that drove her to see a psychiatrist.

Lilly pointed to one of the pages and spoke, "You ! You're the b*****d who's been driving my Mom up the wall !"

At first he was defensive, "What ? No ! I'm tracking ... look, it doesn't matter. How the hell did you get in here anyways ?"

* * *

Lilly was silent but her eyes burned into his. He turned to look at his front door which was bolted and locked. He looked to the one window that was also fastened shut from the inside. His mind whirled like a trapped butterfly in a net and his voice became frantic with fear.

"Look, it's just a game, alright ? Just a game. Your - Mother, she - she wouldn't give me the time of day ! I asked her for a date and she turned me down cold. It's HER own fault of what has happened to her !"

"But you are the one pounding on the walls, aren't you !?" Lilly fairly yelled.

He laughed, "So what if I am ! Big deal, I'm thumping on the wall. Like I said, it's just a game. Maybe if your Mother hadn't turned me down cold I wouldn't have have resorted to this. It's just a game ! Another puzzle to solve, and your Mother is driven over the edge with only me to catch her, so I've almost won !"

Lilly had enough. "Yes, and now YOU'RE a puzzle !"

With that she rubbed her hands together and a new light shone beneath them; a soft and golden hue. She then pointed to him and the light dashed out from her fingers to hit him squarely in the face.

At first he laughed because he didn't feel anything, then the light got brighter and he started screaming in pain. The light quickly resided and somehow his head was reshaped into a classic Rubik's Cube. Complete with fleshy and bleeding sides. It was like some kind of Salvador Dali from a terrible and horrible nightmare.

And he was gasping for air. It was clear to him that he had to rotate a portion of his head the right way to breathe air again, but by doing so, he felt delicate bones in his "head" break. So now he was stuck between breaking bones or dying of asphyxiation.

He growled and grabbing his head, turned one section side piece. But it would not turn without doing serious damage. Blood, guts, and sinew all spewed out around his head in the motion. He gurgled horribly out of what was left of his mouth, then suddenly pitched face first and fell over.

His body smashed to the floor and blood leaked all around his "head." There was no movement for several long moments. He was clearly dead.

The light around Lilly's body flickered slightly showing her juice was just about over. Quickly she dashed back through the wall where Tyr was.

Tyr was amazed but even more so by the yelling and screaming she heard through the wall.

"Wha - what happened ? What did you do ?"

Lilly was without pity. "He said it was just another puzzle to solve, by torturing my Momma ! So I turned HIM into a puzzle."

Tyr's eyes grew saucer wide at what that could possibly mean. "He's - still alive ?"

Lilly nodded, "No. He couldn't solve his own puzzle in time. Look, there's something I have to do."

She immediately ran into the kitchen to see her dear Mother sprawled on the tiles holding her head in pain and whispering to herself. "Please, God, make it stop. I'll do anything just - please - make it stop ..."

Lilly with tears in her eyes jumped to the floor with her Mother and gave her a big hug. "It's over, Momma. It's over. You will never hear that awful awful thumping sound again. It's all over !"

"Are you sure ?" Coraline asked her daughter. "How can you know, honey ?"

"I - know, Momma. I just know."

Coraline got up to shakily reach for her bottle of pills, the one the doctor prescribed for her because of psychoses, but Lilly knocked it out of her grasp and the pill bottle fell straight into the nearby trash bin.

Lilly was adamant, "No more Momma ! No more. Those drugs are bad for you. You won't need them anymore. Now - now we will have peace finally."

Tyr got up to quietly walk into the kitchen to see Lilly and her Mother hugging each other.

She bit her bottom lip in thought. "Lilly just killed the neighbor. Turned him into a puzzle. I wonder what that means ?"

She shook her head, still in thought. "No, I don't want to know. But it's time we try and get Dev back from 'hell' or wherever he is."

Lilly saw Tyr and got up to meet her. Coraline got up herself and went to sit in a chair, just to think about how nice it would now be without all that noise every day.

Both Lilly and Tyr returned to Lilly's bedroom. Tyr was the first to speak.

"Lilly, if you really killed someone, you got to let the police know !"

Lilly nodded her head, "Yeah. I think I know how to do this."

She then picked up the phone and entered some codes. The codes were so the line could not be traced. Then she called the police. She took a kerchief to her mouth and spoke quickly in a deep and altered voice.

"Yeah, I'm one of the neighbors over here at the Seaside apartments. I heard an awful screaming coming from what sounded like apartment # 102. Better check it out."

With that she hung up the phone before any questions could be asked.

"It's over." Lilly said and looked heavenward. "And my Momma's gonna get stronger and better now !"



END OF CHAPTER 49



Return back HOME




You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2018 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Future Barrier - The 3rd Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing