FB3-73 "The Wrong Restroom"

FB3-73 "The Wrong Restroom"

A Chapter by dw817
"

He cocked his head to one side listening to me. Then pushed by to wash his hands. He then put a hand on my shoulder, "Hey, I'm sorry, honey. I thought you know - it's the liquor. I'm a little fuzzy."

"

PRESS CTRL = (EQUALS) TO INCREASE THE PAGE SIZE AND CTRL 0 (ZERO) TO RESET THE PAGE SIZE

       
 


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE





F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 3rd Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© October 2018 Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 CHAPTER 73 - "The Wrong Restroom"
[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *


This chapter is Rated: TEEN


Margot and Danielle couldn't use their vehicle because whoever the bandits were, they had slashed their tires.

"We'll have to walk." Danielle said with finality.

"In the desert ? We'll dry up, Danny !" Margot retorted.

Danielle opened up the drunk of their jeep. Inside were two vests. Connected to each vest were 2-full canteens.

"Fresh water I prepared ahead of time, just for an emergency." she said as she took out the vests. She gave one for Margot to wear and put the other on herself.

Looking to the horizon where the tip of sunlight was just now vanishing she pointed, "He's only a mile away, and the desert is cool at night. We'll make it."

With the vest on, Danielle went to the glove box to pull out a portable old-style telephone.

"Who you gonna call, Danny ?" Margot asked.

Danielle shook her head, "No-one. The battery is dead. But I know I saw some batteries back at Seisbee's residence. That's another reason I want to get there."

With that she closed the trunk and glove-box. Pulled out a compass from her pocket and taking a bit of wax from one of the black candles in the back seat, marked the compass in the direction they needed to go.

"Let's move out !" she said suddenly, and then the two young archeologists set out into the desert, trudging through the inch-thick sand.

. . .

Back one-million years in the future, a new audio signal sounded. Hum had finished his lemonade and went to it. He read the display.

"Oh, they're back already !" he said.

Suddenly everyone got up and rushed to the door to take a lift to the flight deck.

They did so, all crowding out on the floor. And while the ship had made a perfect re-entry landing, nothing moved otherwise.

"Are they asleep ?" Murphy asked.

"This is a problem." Hum said unexpectedly.

Murphy turned to him. "What ? What do you mean ?"

With less patience than the pair, one of the flight officers went to open the door to look inside.

"They're not here." he said. With that everyone crowded in the ship to look around for the missing crew.

"Dusty in here." someone said and sneezed, reaching for a kerchief in his pocket.

Hum reached down to touch some of the dust, then sniffed it. "Unmistakable stench." He said.

Murphy had moved towards him. "What, did you find something, Hum ?"

"Yes, I believe I did. Your crew."

"What ?" Murphy whirled his head around to look. "I don't see anyone."

"They are here." and Hum lowered one powder-stained finger to show Murphy.

Murphy scoffed. "What, you're saying they're ... dust ?"

Hum shook his head. "No, I'm saying at one point, they weren't."

That shocked Murphy so hard he fell back against the wall slumping, taking in exactly what Hum just said.

"They're ... dust ?"

Hum nodded. "Yes. And look. Here the computer is still on the code of obtainable samples, yet nothing is there. It was taken. Something - someone is also looking for what we are. Do you know who that could be ?"

"Dust ?" Murphy repeated, still having trouble believing his young and vibrant crew had been reduced to ashes by some - some unknown weapon or method.

Hum nodded, "Yes, they are dust. I just told you. But more importantly, someone - possibly that alien ship that appeared earlier - had appropriated the element we need to create that dimensional gate to right the time lines."

Murphy raised his hands in confusion, "But no, that ship. It did appear, yes, but then it left."

Hum agreed, "Yes, but then your crew hit that meteor storm and we lost contact with them for a short while."

Murphy pointed to the console, "That's common. Anything like an asteroid field or meteor storm will cut out communications."

Hum continued, "Just long enough to appropriate the element we needed and to turn your crew to dust." Hum stood towering in one part of the ship where the ceiling was higher and a ladder stood nearby for maintenance.

"I'm afraid we've got a serious problem on our hands now. We need to find WHO or WHAT it was that did this to your crew and WHY they need this element as well ..."

* * *

Dempsey's head was still spinning from the drug Antony had put in everyones' drinks. He yawned and he was so loud that the very china in Antony's cabinets shook in their cupboards.

"Okay if I sleep here ?" Dempsey rumbled.

Antony nodded. "Sure, that's fine. It's actually afternoon, but I'm a little tired too. We'll wake up some hours later and decide what to do regarding finding a safe place for you, Pritchart, and Petrov to stay in.

"We could stay here ?" the Goliath rumbled.

Antony shook his head. "Just for tonight. This place is not entirely safe either as its on the main road thoroughfare. We'll - we'll work out something."

With that the giant curled up as well as he could on the couch. The springs in it squeaked angrily in complaint of the massive weight set on it but soon Dempsey was asleep and, thankfully, snoring quietly.

The other two hadn't yet waked from their drug-induced slumber and snored on. Antony went to his bedroom and also crashed.

. . .

With me, we had arrived at club Scintillation. I jumped out of the vehicle and at once was met by one of Ace's girls.

She sat there looking at me for a second, her mouth open in a leer and spoke seductively, "You look fine, honey. Now don't be showing all of it. Make them boys work for it !" And with that she was gone in giggles and joined her friend.

I stood numbly, wondering just what I was getting myself into when I felt a light tap on my bottom from Ace behind me. At once I bristled at the touch and my eyes grew wide with shock at the violation of my person.

Ace turned to walk in front of me and spoke, "Now listen here, doll. You do everything I say and this will go well. If not - " and he directed my gaze to the Taser he had pulled out again.

"Got it ?"

I nodded, unable to speak at the moment.

"Good, well let's go, honey !" and with that he stood beside me, placing his arm around the back of my shoulder and led me towards the entrance of the club.

A bouncer there eyed me up and down, and apparently I looked good to him because he whistled appreciatively. "Who's the angel, Ace ?" he asked of me.

Ace held up a dismissive hand, "Just a new pretty face, don't worry about it, Thump."

Ace stepped forward but Thump stopped me. "Pretty face or no, you need to be 18 to get in here, Angel. You got some ID ?"

At once my brain whirled to panic ! ID ! Did I leave it back in the boys bathroom back at the park ? I sincerely hoped not.

Seeing the look on my face, Ace came back and whispered in my ear. "I got your school ID and everything. You get it back if you behave." Then to Thump, "Mr. Jackson here says that she's old enough. You'd take his word for it, right ?"

And with that he pulled out a $20 bill from his wallet and stuck it in Thump's outreached hand.

Thump clenched his hands around the currency and nodded, "Yeah, well, okay, this time. Just don't make a habit of bringing underage girls in here. You know the rules."

"Yeah yeah." Ace said pulling on my hand to get past the greedy bouncer. And then we were in, and at once, my ears hurt. And the reason why was simple, the music and bass in here were so loud, I more felt it than heard it.

I then looked around and saw the whole ceiling was a series of colored lasers dancing and darting perfectly to the rhythm and pitch of the music. Out on the dance floor, teenagers of all walks and kinds were dancing and cavorting to the beats.

Ace leaned in close to whisper, "Here, go with Iris. I'll get us some drinks."

I nodded. She took my hand and led me to a huge table, already bustling with loud conversation and laughing. It was Ace's crew.

She picked out a spot for me to sit and I did. Then they all started talking at once, and for some reason, fortunately, I was not their subject of interest.

I looked to the dance floor and saw one pretty girl there had shoes that lit up when she stepped in them. I thought that was really a neat idea.

I didn't have to wait long. Ace showed back up with a huge tray of drinks for everyone. Then he put down a drink for me while winking, "House special, Debra. Drink up !"

I knew he was referring to me. I took a dainty sip not knowing what to expect and at once the liquor in there burned the very lining of my throat. I put a clenched fist up to my mouth and coughed hoarsely.

Ace was just all smiles, "First time for anything." and patted me on my back till I stopped coughing. But now my eyes were watering and my nose burned.

"I need to use the restroom." I told him.

He nodded, "Sure thing." Then pointed to where the bathrooms were. "Pick the right one, will ya ?" and that started a round of laughter from the group.

I got up, grumbling, pick the right one, what does he mean by that ?

Instinctively I went into the men's restroom where a man was there using a urinal. He saw me and yelled, "Get outta here you cross-dressing f****t !"

I held up my hands defensively and spoke, "It's not like that."

He cocked his head to one side, listening. Then zipped himself up, pushing by me and washing his hands. He then put a hand on my shoulder, "Hey, I'm sorry, honey. I thought you know - it's the liquor right ? I'm a little fuzzy. No harm done. Yeah, listen sweetie, you're in the wrong bathroom though. That's the one next door." With that he left.

I puzzled my lip with a finger trying to figure out what just happened, and then it sank in on me. My voice. My stupid voice sounded like a girl's. It always had. I hated that. Is one reason I never got into audio chat Online. But in this case it was good I didn't have a man's voice or I could've gotten seriously hurt.

I had no doubt in my mind that guy would've kicked my a*s all over the bathroom if he believed I was cross-dressing or coming on to him or something. Fortunately, my voice saved me.

I heard movement outside and quickly vacated the boys' restroom and instead entered the girls, hoping my looks and voice would convince them I was in the correct bathroom this time.

At once I saw a flock of girls by the mirror, all dabbing on nose powder, lipstick, mascara, the works, eagerly chatting and profaning to each other. I carefully stepped by them and then saw all manner of women using the bathroom stalls, but there weren't any doors.

I made certain not to get too interested in this and found an empty one myself and went to use the restroom as I had planned earlier.



END OF CHAPTER 73



Return back HOME




You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2018 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Future Barrier - The 3rd Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing