fb3-67 "The Pink Light"

fb3-67 "The Pink Light"

A Chapter by dw817
"

Janielle smirked to Margot. "Maybe ruby, maybe not. Could be a live scorpion inside, is that what you want ?" she warned her greedy friend.

"

PRESS CTRL = (EQUALS) TO INCREASE THE PAGE SIZE AND CTRL 0 (ZERO) TO RESET THE PAGE SIZE

       
 


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE





F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 3rd Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© September 2018 Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 CHAPTER 67 - "The Pink Light"
[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *


This chapter is Rated: TEEN


If Ihad hoped to frighten the crew of Ace by boldly stepping out of the trunk, I was sadly mistaken.

They turned to look with more amusement on their faces rather than fear.

"I've got you now ..." I said unsteadily as I jumped from the trunk on to the ground. But I didn't land well and rolled to the side falling over myself.

Ace narrowed his eyes, "Get that loser. We can't have any witnesses on this."

Quick as a flash Ace's gang came and held me down on the ground. Ace went into the trunk and pulled out some rope and a stretch of cloth.

Expertly he gagged me, tying my face from being able to speak anything. Then tied me with heavy rope to the fender of the car up front.

Strangely the park was quiet. I guess everyone was still at school or work.

Ace spoke, "Hammer, you watch this dumbass while I introduce Princess to my turret."

Hammer laughed and smiled widely, but then frowned, "Hey, I wanted to watch."

Ace waved a dismissive hand, "Next time, Hammer. Next time. We can't have any problems. See if you can get hero boy here to take some of these."

He tossed him a plastic bottle which Hammer caught deftly, rattling the pills in it.

I looked up angrily. The tie on my mouth was so tight, it tingled, cutting off the blood around my ears and and sides of my face.

"I'll bet that hurts." he said smiling down at me. "Ace really does put on a tight knot, doesn't he ?"

I didn't say anything. He went to the car to pour a glass of water from a jug in the back.

He came back and held out the cup and a small white pill, "If you take this and drink this, I'll leave the gag off, deal ?"

I heard raucous laughter coming from the boys' restroom of the park straight ahead. If I was going to rescue Tyr, now would be the time ! I readily agreed.

He nodded and removed the gag, but as he was doing so, he stabbed something sharp in my chest, a knife !

"Not one word ..." he threatened. I didn't make any moves for fear of him jabbing me with it. He quickly looked around. Anyone in the park likely would've called the police by now if they could see me, but once again, the park was empty except for us.

He threw down the gag and offered me the pill. I took it and deftly pushed it the side of my mouth. Then I took the water and took a sip, or so it seemed. I did it so quickly he couldn't tell for certain.

But apparently he was satisfied. He took my cup, knocked it to the ground, and removed the knife from my side. "Thattaboy. You'll feel better here in a minute."

I nodded. My hands were still tied behind me to the vehicle's fender. I lifted my head up as if I were seeing something in the distance. Hammer followed my gaze to see a simple bird flying in the sky. But as his gaze was averted, I rubbed the ropes against the sharp part of the fender, fortunately, not making any noise.

"Just a bird, you idiot." he said. "Don't you like birds ?"

I shrugged, then I jerked my gaze down the road like someone was approaching.

It was clear he was so tightly wound up looking for interference that he stood to attention to look. Of course, no-one was there.

He sat back down. "You're seeing things. Maybe it's the pill ?"

But now I had cut the rope and was carefully pulling my hands free of the bindings. Near my right hand was a rock. I reached for it. Instead of trying to distract him by looking in the distance I spoke fairly loud, "Oh, officer ! There you are !"

Hammer whirled and stood to attention but not before I took the rock and hammered him in the shin with it. He immediately fell over, his calf bleeding. Before he could react further, I gave the rock one almighty whallop to his head.

Blood spilled down the side of his eyes and temple, but I knew I didn't kill him. He was just unconscious.

I spit out the pill and stood now to be free of the rope.

Halfway polite applause and clapping was now coming from the bathroom. I didn't know what it meant but I was going to stop it ! I rifled through Hammer's pockets and found a dangerous pistol ! These things scared the hell out of me, but Tyr was about to get molested by these thugs. I had to do something !

I had seen many detective shows. I flipped open the barrel to check it. It was a simple 6-shooter with 6-bullets in it already in place.

Then I heard Tyr scream. That was all it took for me. I hurriedly dashed in the bathroom brandishing the pistol, ready to shoot it !

* * *

Back in Giza, the two women archeologists, Janielle and Margot, had heated up a nice late dinner and were trading their finding, the "sky stone" back and forth to each others' hands.

Janielle took it back a 3rd time. She took a bite of her sandwich and got up to open a large steamer trunk. She held a compass in one hand which suddenly shot its arrow straight down to the bottom.

"There it is." she said. She set down the compass and her sandwich, and lifted up this heavy piece of metal.

"This is a Neodymium magnet, one of the strongest kinds in the world." she told Margot.

She added, "Let's see what kind of reaction it will give."

She took the Sky Stone back in her grip and held it close to the magnet.

While earlier there were barely discernible clicks coming from the stone, now it was clicking all over. This went on for several seconds when suddenly it popped open about a centimeter right in the middle.

"Ruby !" Margot said greedily and rushed over to watch.

Janielle smirked. "Maybe ruby, maybe not. Could be a live scorpion inside, is that what you want ?" she warned her greedy friend.

Margot nodded, "No. I mean, yes, well, let's find out what it is then."

Janielle shrugged and gave the stone to Margot. Margot quickly gripped the sides and pulled on it, suddenly popping it open into two pieces. Inside, sadly for her, it was empty. But there was a recession so - something must've been in here at one point.

"Nothing here." she said dourly.

"Ah, it's a piece for the museum then." Janielle said and held her hand to get it back.

Margot, crestfallen, put the two pieces back together and twisted to tighten them when suddenly it started to vibrate ! Margot's eyes got wide with fright. "Wwhhaatt iiss iitt !?" she demanded, her whole body shaking from the massive energy buildup in the stone.

"Get rid of it !" Janielle cried back.

Margot couldn't agree more. She tried to throw it on the ground but it stuck to her like glue.

"Iitt wwoonn'tt lleett ggoo !"

Janielle then rushed forward to pry the device from Margot's grip but was blown back by some kind of invisible percussion, much like a gust of air but considerably more powerful.

Now it was Janielle's turn be frightened and her eyes grew wide with fear. An odd pink glow had surrounded not only the sky stone but her friend as well !

The front of the stone was shimmering, too, and shaking when it suddenly popped off. And when it did, a bright beam of pure and beautiful pink energy shot straight out in a perfect line, about as thick as your finger making a high pitched warbling sound - the clear audio you would hear of an immensely powerful laser cutting through the still air.

The laser was so strong and concentrated that it immediately shot a hole in the wall of their simple dwelling. Margot struggled with it and the beam arced forward and up, neatly slicing neatly through absolutely everything in its path. Stone, brick, table, pottery, the wall, and finally up to the ceiling ... !

A secondary percussive blow now knocked Margot free of the stone. The beam of pink light fizzled out and stopped. Both pieces of the stone rolled around on the floor crazily as if they were somehow magnetic themselves.

Suddenly the bottom piece arced straight up, balanced in the middle like on a magnet, and the laser returned, this time shooting straight through the top of their residence. Bits of dirt and dust fell where it cut through.

Janielle was quick on her feet and quickly ran out and backwards to see the pink beam shooting straight through the the top of their home and into the sky ! She quickly pulled out her binoculars and studied the beam in the night above. She whistled appreciatively.

According to what she knew about lasers which was quite a bit, this one had indeed was so powerful that it shot straight past Earth's atmosphere and into outer space !

"It's going to hit a satellite !" she giggled, completely caught up in the event like a child with a new toy.

From inside Margot yelled, "Jan ! Get back in quick ! We've got a fire here !"

Janielle shook herself from her childlike delirium and ran back in.

The bottom piece continued to fire its pretty pink beam straight up into outer space but apparently it was red hot below as a healthy bonfire was developing around its perimeter.

"Get some water !" Janielle hissed to her friend. Margot nodded and quickly filled up a saucepan.

She approached the fire but hesitated.

"Do it !" Janielle demanded.

Margot tossed the water. It hit the pink laser and suddenly a strong and cool wind arced up around the stone and not only blew out the fire but the very walls of their home. All the pottery, antiques, and artifacts they had were in ruins. Janielle and Margot found themselves struggling to get up, clutching at the outside grass.

Their home was in ruins.

"No no no !" Janielle said and quickly rushed forward to retrieve the two stone pieces. She thought about it for a moment, then put a small valueless rock in the center. Then she turned the two pieces in on each other and screwed them tight. This time there was no reaction.

"Just needed a stopper, I guess." Janielle said quietly to herself. Then louder, "Margot, are you okay ?"

Margot struggled around timbers of the house which were blown around her. She, too, saw that their collection was all smashed and ruined.

"Oh no ! What are we going to do ?"

Janielle patted her pocket. "We go to see Professor Seisbee. He can sort this out."



END OF CHAPTER 67



Return back HOME




You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2019 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Future Barrier - The 3rd Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing