FB3-78 "A Grown Man"

FB3-78 "A Grown Man"

A Chapter by dw817
"

Mom came over to give me a big hug, "Oh, honey. Harold thinks now that you're 18, you're independent and should get a place of your own ! Honey, you wouldn't leave me, would you ?"

"

PRESS CTRL = (EQUALS) TO INCREASE THE PAGE SIZE AND CTRL 0 (ZERO) TO RESET THE PAGE SIZE

       
 


Want to read this in a different language ?
Change the TO field to your own country and after going
HERE





F U T U R E   B A R R I E R
( The 3rd Novel )
Secret Technology, Unrequited Love, Absolute Vengeance

© November 2018 Written by David Wicker
Please do not reprint without permission



 CHAPTER 78 - "A Grown Man"
[ CHOOSE A DIFFERENT CHAPTER TO READ ]


* * *


This chapter is Rated: TEEN


They didn't have to wait too long. A new officer entered where Margot and Danielle were.

Definitely older and not at all looking happy.

Seeing the pair of handcuffed girls he pulled up a chair, faced it away from the table and straddled it with his hands on the headrest. Then took a long drag on the cigarette he was smoking.

As he spoke though, Danielle interrupted him with a question."Got an extra f*g ?"

He patted his shirt pocket and pulled one out. Then reached around for a lighter but couldn't find one.

"I've got one." she said.

He sighed and uncuffed her so she could get at it. Instead she reached for the sky stone and deftly took out the pebble in the middle while recapping it. Then looking straight at the police sergeant held the oval-shaped stone at an angel and squeezed tightly.

Like before a bright and brilliant beam of pink shot out from the front of it, neatly cutting through the wall she had pointed it at. The sergeant was so shocked he fell backwards out of his chair on the floor and whacked his head against the hard floor, knocking him out.

But now that the stone was active, Danielle had accidentally dropped the small pebble to keep it harnessed and off.

"Grab that pebble !" Danielle directed to Margot who had dived to the floor to retrieve it.

The pebble, however, rolled neatly down one drain in the corner of the room out of sight.

"It's gone !" Margot said fearfully.

"And this thing won't turn off !" she said, trying hard to face it downward. Only succeeding in cutting the wall further, and there beyond was Dr. Seisbee ! Tied down with rope and gagged !

"This whole operation is crooked !" Danielle said. Then to Margot, "Help the doctor !"

Margot quickly placed the chain of her manacles between the beam and it cut through it like a hot knife through butter.

"Let's go !" she told Danielle. Danielle tried to wield the beam so it was facing down but it made a haphazard loop cutting open the ceiling and causing some insulation to fall down. In seconds though, they were in the other room where Dr. Seisbee was being held prisoner.

"The Sky Stone is active !" he said breathlessly As Margot took off his gag and removed his bindings. Then held his hand out, "Give it to me."

Danielle held on to the sky stone tightly with both hands and managed to transfer it to him. He then expertly cut an opening in the side of the wall leading to outside.

Behind them they could hear angry yelling and the clicking of several guns getting ready to fire.

"We must go, now !" the old archeologist told the two girls. Outside was a jeep waiting for them and Seisbee had the key to it. They piled in, gunned the engine and roared off towards the darkest part of the desert.

Almost a minute behind them police jeeps and other desert vehicles took off after them.

. . .

The soldiers inside the gate were making better time than the first batch as they had earlier recorded the quickest and safest route through.

They did come across a few of the giant bottom-like creatures, but fortunately they seemed to be more interested in traveling away from the soldiers rather than engage as the earlier one did.

And after blissful avoidance, then the soldiers realized what was happening. The creatures were collecting, getting ready to do a massive attack on the collection of offending soldiers. They stood between the door that led to my world and where they were.

"Engage !" the captain said and his fellow soldiers pulled out their pistols. They too tugged to be drawn into the sky but this time they were ready and held on to them with both hand grips.

One of the monsters approached and it could clearly be seen that it had a tattoo if a wasp on it. Now much larger than a human's since its transformation and mutation into the nightmare beast it was now.

"Get ready to fire !" the captain yelled when he noticed the wasp tattoo for the first time.

"Hold it. Standby ! Standby !"

The soldiers grumbled but waited. There had to be an important reason the captain wouldn't let them attack just yet. Strangely the creatures appeared to be waiting for the soldiers to attack first.

The captain looked at the one larger bottom threatening to attack and then pulled out a small data device that held photos on it. He recalled the photos taken from the previous excursion and there, plain as day, he could see one soldier had snapped a photo of Flair's bare bottom, revealing the telltale wasp.

"Dear Lord in heaven !" he gasped, his eyes wide with fright. He realized right then that the leader of these bottom creatures was in fact, human, was in fact, Flair, the female soldier that had come earlier.

It was bad enough to be killed by these horrors but to be TURNED into one AFTER you died ! He grit his teeth, furious now and full of anger.

"Fire ! For God's sakes, fire ! Kill all those horrible nightmares !"

. . .

Pritchart and company while earlier walking were now running. The sky had opened up and water just gushed out in gallons per second. Not wanting to get stuck in new mud, the trio ran to the safety of the abandoned barn.

Once there, mighty Dempsey reached for the massive wooden crossbar and bolted the barn shut. Inside you could hear the deafening pell-mell as the rain mixed with a little ice bounced off of the aluminum roof.

Pritchart tried to yell something to Petrov but he could not be heard above the booming rain.

Finally they just started a small fire and heated some of the food they had carried from Antony's residence. Mostly lunchmeat, bread, and some cheese along with a pack of marshmallows.

The rain droned on drowning out any chance of conversation.

* * *

"My hero." Mom said, a tear in her eye. Then she reached for Dad but he got up from the bar-stool easily enough and we vacated the club. Without a word I went to sit in the backseat as Mom and Dad took the front.

It was a short drive to my house. It was then I grew to be concerned about Tyr.

"What happened to Tyr ?" I asked Mom, who was driving.

Mom put up a hand to wave back to me. "Honey, she's okay. They found her sleeping in the school infirmary. According to the nurse she was drugged but she's doing much better and is home now.

I nodded, "That's good."

We arrived back home. I was the first to enter. Dad looked me up and down one more time. "Dev, think I can get you to change into something ... normal ?"

"Absolutely." I said but Mom stopped him.

"Well now wait just a minute, Harold. How often do we get to see our son as cute as he looks now ? Can't he just stay dressed as sweet as he is a little longer ?"

He sighed, "Susan, please, let the boy alone. He's had a most trying day. You're - saying he's a hero. Okay, well, that's fine. But most masculine heroes usually don't wear - err - dresses and skirts. So, the party's over, let's get him changed back to normal. And besides he's 18 now. We have to make some decisions about things."

Their voices faded from my ears as I quickly removed the offensive articles and aptly dumped them in the trash, changing to wear a robe, as it was indeed late at night.

I stepped out to hear the voices continuing mid-sentence. "He's not ready for that." my Mom said.

"Not ready for what ?" I asked.

Mom came over to give me a big hug with tears in her eyes, "Oh, honey. Harold thinks now that you're 18, you're independent and should get a place of your own !"

She pulled back to hold both of my shoulders tightly. "Honey, you wouldn't do that to me, would you ? Promise you'll stay with me, here, forever."

I swallowed hard. Dad was giving me a chance to get my own place ? I couldn't have leapt higher for joy, but I could see Mom wasn't ready to give me up at all.

"You want me to stay here ? All my life ?" I asked her, gloomily.

"Certainly." she replied. "Why we could set up a nice room for you and Tyr, you can have lots of babies, won't even need to worry as I'll take of all of them."

Harold grumbled, "Suzy, you're being unrealistic. That can't possibly happen."

She pinched my shoulders facing me, "Oh yes indeed, it certainly can happen. It will happen. It will happen, won't it, sweetie ? You'd never leave me ! You're always going to be my baby honey ?"

There was something she said though that I wanted to address now.

"Wait, you said, Tyr. Why would Tyr live here with me ?"

She shrugged and smiled, "You are getting married to her, aren't you now that you're 18 ? Aren't you fond of her ? I know she's fond of you. Oh I can just see the wedding now ! We could have it all planned for tomorrow."

"Mom !" I yelled. Now even I agreed she was being unreasonable.

"Harold !" she yelled as if the only reason I was upset was because he was.

"Susanne !" he yelled back. And then there was silence. Clearly it was a 3-way split. Dad wanted me to get a place of my own, which I wouldn't mind if it was done carefully. Mom wants me to live here forever, and apparently get married tomorrow - which is pretty unreasonable, but certainly not impossible.

What did I want ?

"What do you want to do ?" My Mom asked, echoing perfectly my own thoughts.

"I don't know."

Dad approached and spoke, "Son. You're a man now. I know you're an only child, Suzy especially knows that. I think that's why it's so difficult for her to let you go. But you do - need to go. To find your own life. That's your right for being a man now. We'll be okay, right here. We're very proud of you son and all you've become."

"Well I won't be okay with that !" Mom yelled back.

"Darling." Dad began, "Come on now, be reasonable ! He's 18 ! He's a grown man !"

She shook her head, "I don't care how old he is. He's my precious little baby boy and I'm going to look after him every day of my life."

I didn't say anything and she persisted, "Honeypie, who was it that changed and got you a fresh, clean diaper every time you pooped in one ? That was me, that's who ! Cleaning your little bottom !"

"I don't wear diapers anymore, Mom." I said under my breath, but apparently Mom caught it and persisted.

"No, you don't wear diapers, but you do wear white little undies, and I still wash them to make sure you're my baby is clean."

"Mom ! I don't poop in my underwear, okay !?"

"Not as much as you used to." she said without batting an eye.

I sighed and rolled my eyes, feeling pressure build around my head. "Hoo boy." Dad smiled at me, despite the predicament I was in.

Finally he spoke, "Well, Dev. What do you want to do about this ?"

Then I had an idea. "What if. What if I stayed with someone. To see how well I do away from home."

Mom's eyes grew wide, "No ! No ! Honey, there's no-one you could possibly stay with that would look after you as well as I do !"

"Not even Tyr ?" I asked.

Mom got quiet then. She walked away from me and sat down on the couch holding her head in her hands. After a long time she finally spoke. "Tyr. Tyr could take care of you, I suppose. To try anyways. To see, as you said, to see how you do away from home."

Dad was glad there was some level of maturity in my thinking, "Then it's settled. Let's call up Tyr and her Mother and see if that's acceptable. Maybe stay for a week or two. Just to see how you do. I think that's some very mature thinking on your part, Dev. Good job !"

I nodded. Then I went to console Mom on the couch.

"Mom. I'm here - now. I will always be here - now ..." and I touched her chest.

"You're going away !" she wailed and began to cry.

"Oh come on, Mom ! You knew this day would come. When I turn 18, remember ?"

She shook her head, "I lived with my own Mother all my whole life, my WHOLE LIFE, until she finally passed on. You're telling me you can't do that for your own Mother who raised you from a baby ?"

I shrugged. "Let me see - how well it works out living with Tyr. If it does - well - then maybe that means something. If not, that can mean something else. We can decide then."

She smiled a bit through teary eyes, "Well, if anyone knows how to take care of you, it must be Tyr."

I rolled my eyes a little. "Yeah." I really hoped things would work out from here and she wouldn't take advantage of me while I lived under her roof.




END OF CHAPTER 78



Return back HOME




You are Earth Visitor #  




© 2019 dw817


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Future Barrier - The 3rd Novel


Author

dw817
dw817

Fort Worth, TX



About
more..

Writing