Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Asian Cup Match 3: Australia Opens with Solid Win Over Kuwait

Asian Cup Match 3: Australia Opens with Solid Win Over Kuwait

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following article provides an oversight for matches and tournaments taking place in 2020.

"

Asian Cup Match 3: Australia v Kuwait

Australia Opens with Solid Win Over Kuwait

January 3rd, 2020

Australia 2 Kuwait 0

 

Australia began their Asian Cup campaign with a solid 2-0 victory over Kuwait.

 

It was a slow start for the Socceroos as they peppered the attacking third, but without true penetration. Aaron Mooy grew desperate in the 24th minute and had a shot from the longest of ranges. A few minutes later, Jackson Irvine crossed the ball in to Awer Mabi, whose header knocked the post. As it trickled along the line, looking to go in, goalkeeper Hameed Youssef smacked the ball with his left hand away and into space.

 

Kuwait’s first true attempts came via Bader Al Mutawa in the 35th minute. His left foot ping on goal fired well wide of the mark. Fahad Al Ansari had a half chance go beggin as his shot was relatively weak, and too easy for Maty Ryan to recover.

 

In an interesting move, Martin Boyle was substituted on at the halftime break. The second half started much like the first, with Mooy again shooting from long range. This time, a deflection made it easy for the keeper. His next shot minutes later required a high quality Youssef diving save, and it was clear that the Australians were intent on netting, and netting fast. That goal came through Jackson Irvine after pairing up with Tom Rogic. James Jeggo then led onto a ball, rotated around the defender minding him, and snagged a second for the Aussies.

 

Seeking a third, Massimo Luongo came on late and had a shot but it was not strong enough. In the end, the two goals were enough for Australia to take charge of their campaign.

 

Important aspects of the game:

Australia’s best: Irvine, Mooy, Jeggo.

Jeggo did receive a yellow card

Mabil helped set up Jeggo’s goal.

Mooy had the most shots on target for the match.

Jeggo had most dribbles.

Irvine, Rogic, Harry Souttar and Milos Degenek with two intercepts each.

Rhyan Grant with three key clearances.

 

Kuwait’s best: Fahad Hammoud Al Rashidi after being shifted up forward, Sami Al Sanea in defence.

Kuwait with 58 percent possession.

Only two shots on target: 1 by Al Ansari and 1 by Ahmad Al Dhefiri

Al Rashidi with most passes of the match.

Al Ansari with the most dribbles (successful).

Low tackle count.

Youssuf with six saves.

Fahad Al Hajeri with four key clearances, two interceptions and was fouled twice.

Amer Al Fadhel with three interceptions and two important blocks.


© 2020 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

483 Views
Added on March 6, 2020
Last Updated on March 6, 2020

Global Futbol 2020


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing