Asian Cup Match 8: Oman Solitary Goal the Difference

Asian Cup Match 8: Oman Solitary Goal the Difference

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following article provides an oversight for matches and tournaments taking place in 2020.

"

Asian Cup Match 8: Oman v Palestine

Oman Solitary Goal the Difference

January 5th, 2020

Oman 1 Palestine 0

 

Oman opened their Asian Cup campaign with a 1-0 victory over Palestine and taking the lead in the group also containing South Korea and China.

 

The Omanis opened the scoring via Muhsen Al Ghassani in the eighth minute. Al Ghassani found himself free on the edge of the box, and despite the ball deflecting off the Palestianian goalkeeper, Rami Hamada, the back of the net still rippled, largely thanks to the power of the shot.

 

The remainder of the first half saw neither side penetrate deep into their opposing third.

 

In the second half, Mohsin Al-Khaldi had a one-on-one chance against Hamada, only for the goalkeeper to pop the ball over the bar.

 

Al-Khaldi then nearly set up Al Mundhir Al Alawi, only for the latter to be classed offside. Soon after, Al Alawi had a proper shot from long range, but it fell straight to Hamada. Al-Khaldi had a similar shot, but it fell to the right of goal.

 

Yaseen Al Sheyadi came off the bench and should have slotted home twice in additional time, but the footballing gods deemed only one goal was required for the match, and Oman claimed pole position in Group D.

 

Important aspects of the game:

Oman best: Al Khaldi as attacking midfielder with an assist and most passes for Oman; Amran Said Al Hidi in central defence with three intercepts and a key clearance; Al Ghassani with his goal; Ahmed Mubarak as defensive midfielder with three intercepts and a key clearance.

Al Sheyadi with two shots on target at the death.

Harib Al Saadi with most successful dribbles.

 

Palestine’s best: Rami Hamada with seven saves; Mohammed Rashid in central defensive midfield with four intercepts and most passes overall.

Zero shots on goal poses an issue when they face South Korea and China later.

Rashid and Musab Al-Battat with the most successful dribbles for Palestine.

Rashid and Yashir Pinto with most tackles for the match.

Yaser Hamed with an important intercept and two clearances.



© 2020 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on March 15, 2020
Last Updated on March 15, 2020

Global Futbol 2020


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing