Asian Cup Match 7: Stalemate Between South Korea and China

Asian Cup Match 7: Stalemate Between South Korea and China

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following article provides an oversight for matches and tournaments taking place in 2020.

"

Asian Cup Match 7: South Korea v China

Stalemate Between South Korea and China

January 4th, 2020

South Korea 0 China 0

 

South Korea and China have both failed to score in a lively game that took place mostly in the middle of the park, particularly in the second half.

 

China’s Chi Zhongguo had the first shot of the match and should have scored. The Koreans then created better chances, where Hwang Ui-Jo had a half attempt, only to be blocked by his marking player.

 

At the other end, China found themselves offside, but looked dangerous going forward. From that moment onwards, the battle for control of the midfield was tough, with neither side finding a true advantage. The shot count thus suffered, and both sides struggled to set up effective plays to arrive deep in their opponent’s territory.

 

Korea’s Ju Sejong nearly scored before the break, leading on to a ball that cut through the Chinese defence. Son Heung-Min then headed off the resulting corner, but the ball flew over the mark.

 

Kim Young-Gwon fouled Wu Lei, resulting in a free kick and a yellow card for the Korean player. China’s Zhongguo got onto the header from the free kick above Kim Min Jae and hit the woodwork, much to the groans of the Chinese crowd.

 

After the break, Wu Lei had a genuine chance, only for Kim Seung Gyu to thwart the shot with his right boot.

 

Chinese captain Hao Junmin had an attempt from way out, but to no avail. As the game progressed, the opportunities to advance down the field became less and less, and the game petered out to a scoreless draw.

 

Important aspects of the game:

South Korea’s best afield: left back Kim Moon-Hwan off the bench, Na Sangho next to him in central defence.

Korea worked down the right wing in the first half with Ju Sejong working overtime �" second most passes for the Koreans and most dribbles (paired with Nam Tae-Hee and Hwang Ui-Jo).

Kim Min Jae had most dribbles for the Koreans.

Only two shots on target.

Ju Sejong also had four intercepts and two key clearances.

Recommend for Son Heung-Min to start at left midfield and work his way up the park to get more in the match.

 

China’s best afield: Zhu Chenjie in defence with three tackles, three intercepts, four clearances and a high passing percentage; Wu Xi (with the most passes and successful dribbles) and Chi Zhongguo (three key clearances) in midfield.

Zheng Zheng had two intercepts, one block and one clearance.

Zhang Linpeng had four intercepts and two clearances.

China worked down the right wing in the second half.



© 2020 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

82 Views
Added on March 15, 2020
Last Updated on March 15, 2020

Global Futbol 2020


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing