Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Asian Cup Match 23: Iran’s First Asian Cup 2020 Win over Malaysia

Asian Cup Match 23: Iran’s First Asian Cup 2020 Win over Malaysia

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following article provides an oversight for matches and tournaments taking place in 2020.

"

Asian Cup Match 23: Malaysia v Iran

Iran’s First Asian Cup 2020 Win over Malaysia

January 10th, 2020

Malaysia 0 Iran 3

 

Iran came back from a loss against Saudi Arabia with a three-goal victory over Malaysia.

 

Malaysia did not change the starting eleven, whereas Iran brought in Kaveh Rezaei.

 

Ahmad Nourollahi was the first to shoot for goal for the Iranians, only to fire over the crossbar. His second shot in the 18th minute changed that, giving the favourites the lead.

 

Mehdi Taremi tried to double the lead, only to fire over the goal.

 

Right before the break, Nourollahi had an opportunity, but it flew straight to the Malaysian goalkeeper, Khairul Azhan Khalid.

 

Syamer Kutty Abba finally gained Malaysia’s first shot on target after halftime, though to flew straight into the hands of the Iranian goalkeeper, Alireza Beiranvand.

 

Down the other end, Taremi’s shot was saved, before a brilliant dribbling display by Rezaei gave Iran that second goal.

 

In the 81st minute, Taremi finally scored, powering into the back of the net.

 

Three goals were the difference for the day, ending Malaysia’s chances at qualifying for the Round of 16 a game early.

 

Important aspects of the match:

Malaysia’s best afield: Khairul Azhan Khalid with seven saves; Kutty Abba with the most passes for Malaysia; Muhd Safawi Rasid; Akyad Rashid with most dribbles for Malaysia.

Nor Azam Azih with most tackles for Malaysia.

Muhd Syahmi Safari with three key intercepts and two clearances.

Mohamad Abd Radzak with two key clearances and an intercept.

 

Iran’s best afield: Rezaei with a goal and most passes and dribbles overall, as well as two key clearances and an intercept; Beiranvand with four saves; Masoud Shojaei with a goal assist and most tackles for Iran; Taremi with the goal.



© 2020 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on April 24, 2020
Last Updated on April 24, 2020

Global Futbol 2020


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing