Antifouling Agent Market Growth, Industry Trends and Forecasts, 2016 to 2024

Antifouling Agent Market Growth, Industry Trends and Forecasts, 2016 to 2024

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global antifouling agent market surpassed 84 kilo tons in 2015. It is expected to exceed 131 kilo tons by 2024. The industry is likely to grow at a CAGR of about 4.5% from 2016 to 2024

"

The size of the worldwide antifouling agent market in 2015 was nearly 84 kilo tons. Ongoing trends suggest that it will grow at a CAGR of about 4.5% during the forecast period (2016 to 2024). Demand for antifouling agents (paints & coatings) in the shipping industry will drive this market.

 

Antifouling agents are specialized paints & coatings used on the hulls of ships. These agents provide vessels with the required smoothness and polished effect. Submerged surfaces of boats and rigs attract algae, bacteria, barnacles, diatoms, and shellfish, which increase hydrodynamic drag. These organisms not only damage the vessel body, but also increase fuel consumption and decrease maneuverability. Such conditions lead to safety hazards. Paints & coatings enhance the strength and performance of vessels by controlling the growth of these sub-aquatic organisms.

 

Antifouling agents are made of biocides, organotin compounds, and copper. These materials protect the vessel from external fouling, contaminations, and corrosion. Rapid growth in the oil & gas industry is set to bolster the growth prospects of the antifouling agent industry.

 

Browse Details of Report @ https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-report/antifouling-agent-market

 

Stringent environmental regulations by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the European Commission are nudging market players to adopt eco-friendly alternatives. Such a development could inhibit industrial growth. Moreover, the volatile prices of raw materials can negatively impact the global product price, thereby hampering industrial growth.

 

The industry is segmented into applications, types, and regions. Applications comprise shipping vessels and drilling rigs & production platforms. Shipping vessels contributed to around 80% of the global volume in 2015. However, drilling rigs & production platforms will exhibit considerable growth owing to high investments by oil & gas industries. These investments are mainly directed towards the development of Floating Production Storage & Offloading (FPSO) vessels.

 

Types encompass copper-based, hybrid, self-polishing, and other. Copper-based antifouling agents is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period. Its demand can be attributed to its eco-friendly properties.

 

 Regions are divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa (MEA). Asia Pacific held a share of more than 80% in 2015. Growth of the shipbuilding industry in countries, such as Taiwan, China, South Korea, Philippines, and Japan, can boost demand in the region. Moreover, the supply of cheap raw materials & labor contributes to the industry in these countries.

 

Australia and India are the upcoming ship manufacturing centers in the global market. This owes to the increased governmental support being extended to these markets.  Favorable policies and a constructive outlook towards the shipping sector are anticipated to create opportunities for further growth. Rise in the production of unconventional energy sources, such as shale gas and tight oil in Northern America will also support the industry.

 

Europe held a demand capacity exceeding 5 kilo tons in 2015. Italy and the United Kingdom are witnessing robust growth on account of an increase in yacht manufacturers.  MEA was valued at USD 20 million in 2015. The market can register high growth because of offshore vessels development in countries like Saudi Arabia, Angola, and Nigeria.

 

The prominent competitors of the antifouling agent market are Advanced Marine Coating, AkzoNobel, Hempel, Jotun, and PPG Industries. Companies engage in acquisitions, expansions, partnerships, launch of new technology & product, and research & development to expand their respective businesses.

 

Browse Related Category Market Reports@ https://www.hexaresearch.com/research-category/paints-coatings-and-printing-inks-industry

 

About Us:

Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer comprehensive business intelligence in the form of industry reports which help our clients obtain clarity about their business environment and enable them to undertake strategic growth initiatives.


Contact Us:

Ryan Shaw

Hexa Research

Felton Office Plaza

6265 Highway 9

Felton, California 95018

United States

Phone: +1-800-489-3075

Email: [email protected]

Website - http://www.hexaresearch.com/

Follow us on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/company/hexa-research



© 2016 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Avoid these crooks. Their "reports" are unconnected with the business they supposedly report on. That the Indian Government allows such criminals to operate is a stain on the integrity of that government, and, the Indian people is a source of puzzlement.

A sampling of their reviews:

Better Business Bureau

Andy D
TOTAL SCAM! Charged thousands of dollars for 1 chart and 2 paragraphs. Inaccurate descriptions of what's included in reports. DO NOT USE THIS GROUP.

Markus H
Faulty and scammy research. Research for reports sold for thousands of dollars each is not conducted by professionals but by people in India repackaging google search data and made up information. Reports bought from them are just straight-up inaccurate and wrong.
-----
Add to that, that the address they claim for company headquarters is a lie. They pretend to be located in California, but in reality, it's a virtual office—only pretend. Like the other scam "research firms" selling pretend market reports, they're located in India.



Posted 1 Year Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing