Furfural Market Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2027

Furfural Market Size, Share, Growth, Trends and Forecast, 2027

A Chapter by Markets Insights
"

The global furfural market size was estimated at USD 814.6 million in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.0% from 2020 to 2027.

"

The global Furfural Market size is anticipated to reach USD 1201.9 million by 2027 registering a CAGR of 5.0%, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growth can be attributed to the developments of novel derivatives, such as THF by key manufacturers, resulting in the expansion of the application segment. In addition, favorable regulations concerning the inclusion of bio-based products in several end-use industries are penetrating the demand for organic chemicals across several industries, thus triggering the market growth.

Technological advancements in the manufacturing process of furfural are estimated to considerably surge the production yield from key raw materials, thus achieving economies of scale. Key manufacturers in the marketare using novel cost-effective processes to increase product yield along with more efficient utilization of key resources.

Fluctuating prices of raw materials, such as corncob, along with lack of penetration of furfural in the developed countries of Europe and North America have hampered the growth. However, the usage of furfural as a raw material for biofuel can be viewed as a growth opportunity for the market. In addition, rising demand from the manufacturers of industrial chemicals and metal casting is projected to fuel market growth.

The market is moderately fragmented, with small-scale Chinese manufacturers acquiring the majority share. The market is stable, with the majority of the production and consumption taking place in China. Key players across the globe source raw materials that are available in the domestic area as a strategy to reduce operational costs. The inclination of manufacturers towards increasing production capacity and expansion of manufacturing units is estimated to boost the market growth over the forecast period.

Request a free sample copy or view report summary: Furfural Market Report

Furfural Market Report Highlights

  • The global market is fragmented as the number of companies within furfural business operating in China is relatively high
  • A surge in solvent consumption from several end-use industries, including refining, agriculture, chemical manufacturing, and pharmaceuticals, is driving the market toward high yield production and the expansion of this application segment
  • Increasing demand for furfuryl alcohol from the foundry industries of the Europe and North America markets has increased the focus of the companies on producing furfuryl alcohol using furfural manufactured in their facilities, thus integrating forward and lowering operational costs
  • In 2019, refineries emerged as the dominant end-use segment due to high product demand as a solvent in petroleum refining, specialist adhesives, and lubricants


© 2020 Markets Insights


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
Added on August 14, 2020
Last Updated on August 14, 2020
Tags: Furfural Market

Market Research Reports


Author

Markets Insights
Markets Insights

Felton, CA



About
About Us: Hexa Research is a market research and consulting organization, offering industry reports, custom research and consulting services to a host of key industries across the globe. We offer c.. more..

Writing